when showing people my droid x....

Last Updated:

1. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First off let me say that i was a big iphone fan... then once they started having trouble with IPhone4 i looked to other company's and found the droid x. Ive only had it for like 3 days but i honestly believe that it kills the i phone.

That being said every time i show it to an apple "fan boy" they say "its too big" anyone else that has an open mind loves it. So when ever i hear them say "its too big" i smile and say "that's what she said"

The size of the phone is the only thing they can gripe about i think its funny.

I know a stupid post but damn this phone is awesome.

Advertisement
    Race Harley likes this.
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

The driod x right now is the lexus of phones. That's my opinion.

androy likes this.
  3. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

This thing is a Bentley!

4. azgunz

azgunz Well-Known Member

why do you have to say that. Makes me not want it.
    Some cheap-o "luxury" car? I'll keep my bimmer :D

Im still gonna get it though, lexus or not ;)

and OP, yea I imagine I'll get that too. I overheard a couple people talking and saying its huge. Meh

5. droidboss40

droidboss40 Member

People go what are u doing on ur laptop

6. BeeDizz

BeeDizz Member

I don't understand the "too big" complaints. It's big yes. But TOO big. NO.

7. deadinside

deadinside Well-Known Member

LOL its more of the Tricked out Hummer of phones. I am not sure if its me being careful with the phone on my first day with it, but I am finding that I have to use 2 hands to hold the phone at times.

I don't care, this thing beats the tar out of the samsuck behold 2

8. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

The big joke at work is calling my phone a plasma screen tv.

9. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

i get the same thing from my friends that have the iphone..
    they constantly hate on how big it is.. doesn't really bother me cause thats all they can say

10. Clint1583

Clint1583 Active Member

I work in a Fire Station and almost everyone became a sheep and bought Iphones even though they hate the ATT service. They all keep them plugged in to keep the charge up while my DX phone goes 24 hours+ without needing a charge.

11. cdmoore74

cdmoore74 Well-Known Member

I used the X at a family picnic and had nothing but questions on what phone I had. One cousin said "that's not a phone, it's a computer". Wife said she did not want a big phone but after playing with it she was use to the size (don't they all :))

12. jwthrush

jwthrush Well-Known Member

Yeah. Everytime a friend sees my phone for the first time it's "Oh my God, what is that!?" Then I hand it to them and they just play with it and go "It's so huge." I just sit there and go "Yep, isn't it great?" :D

13. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Keep replies on-topic please, folks.

14. Foxgguy2001

Foxgguy2001 Active Member

:D

My wife thinks I'm crazy for getting the X... I think she's crazy for having got the incredible...however I've bigger manlier fingers than she does...

15. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

Some people like the iPhone others like the Droid X. Its really a matter of preference.

I don't think its necessary to have multiple active threads on the forum pertaining to "showing my iPhone friend this, and hear what they have to say."

16. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I actually think it's quite small, let me explain. I almost wasn't going to buy this phone because I thought it looked too big however when you put it in your pocket it takes up less space than my old BB Tour because it's so thin. There are times where I have to feel my pocket to make sure that it's still there.

Also having the big screen is more than worth having a longer phone, when you show people how much easier it is to type on it, view the internet and view videos, they get it.

17. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Yup. It's not as big as it SEEMS. It's size was my biggest concern. After I got it in my hand, that concern vanished.

18. Magic Angle

Magic Angle Active Member

I feel like if your gonna spend $80+ a month on a phone that can access internet. you might as well get a phone with a big screen, so you can actually read off it. My wife has a blackberry curve, and you can only get like 10 words from a webpage to load on it, without scrolling.

Race Harley likes this.
  19. dixie1

dixie1 Member

I interact with a fair number of iphone fanboys/girls so I did give this issue some thought when I got the DX at launch. At first, they would just ask what is that? So I had prepared for this by kicking up the screen brightness and putting on the and aniPet aquarium live wallpaper. Then I would casually hand them the phone and, to a person, I never failed to get a jaw-drop response. I got tired of that and now I have a pic I took for my home screen.

As for comments like

20. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

[quote="dixie1, post: 1463384
    these ifolks are feeling threatened so don

21. androy

androy Well-Known Member

I love when iPhone users say it's too big.. My response is, "if Apple made the iPhone 5 with a 4.3 inch screen I would bet anything that you would buy it." The usually just nod and walk away. And we all know that is the TRUTH!

I cant imagine having a phone with a 3.5 inch screen at this point. Waaay too small and it looks like a used bar of soap.

jroc likes this.
  22. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

When people comment on how big the phone is, I generally agree with them and pull up a non-mobile web site. I show them how great it looks on the "big screen." It might have a big screen, but it is also very thin. That's what makes it great!

23. karma2burn

karma2burn Well-Known Member

Funny that you mention this because my brother and his wife are iSHEEP and when I was showing them my X they kept laughing and saying look how big it is, it's ridiculous. And I just couldn't understand the logic. It's a smart phone and I'm primarily looking at the internet. Why wouldn't I want the biggest screen I could have to do that? Then I realized they were just jealous and that they literally had no actual argument about why their phone was better.

24. XBarbarian

XBarbarian Well-Known Member

Yep!

totally concur, I Love this Phone!!

Coming form iPhone 3G ( 2 years of daily dropped calls, suffering through iTunes, etc... ) this DX pwns! :p

Heck... I am even considering the Dell Streak.. 5" of goodness. Sadly though.. its ATT and ugh. Also..they just released it....... with 1.6??? :confused: :eek: :mad:

So.. that Leaves the king of the hill.. DX!:D

25. rfranken

rfranken Member

when showing people my droid x....
    depends what people
    young people i whip out steamy window
    old people i start gps and show them the nearest country kitchen
    middle age people i show them pda net and gmote and ventriliod and metal detector, compass, bubble, google earth, and any other cool app i can think of at the moment.