1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support when someone call me or recive sms fron my contact, name of contact no apper only the nummber

1. khaled.h

khaled.h Member

hello everybody

i have problem when anyone call me , only nummber is apper without his name

all my nummber have 0020 before the nummber ( key of egypt ) and if i remove the 0020 from the number the name apper agian,

i can't remove all 0020 i have alot of contact

in sms too

so can any one help me fix this problem ?

Advertisement
  2. FelgY

FelgY Member

Hi!

Try to change from 0020 to +20 in one contact. And then test if it solves.
    If so, I guess you don't have any other choice besides changing all.

Although, you can sync your contacts with Google Contacts (if it's not already syncing) and export as a CSV file, and change all the entries with the "Find and Replace" (0020 -> +20) option of a regular text editor.

Just be careful, as it can also replace phone numbers with "0020" in the middle.

Cheers!
  3. khaled.h

khaled.h Member

aha....

ok i will try and baaack sooooon

thx for ur help :)
  4. khaled.h

khaled.h Member

soooooo bad

i but it like +20 and no contact name apper too :(

and i can't remvoe the +20 coz nearly i will be in KSA and i the nummbers most have +20 to call from anther countery
    i think there is something to do in setting but i cant find it

i rest my phone aslo but it still without name oly nummber

hope to find the slove
  5. FelgY

FelgY Member

That is really weird! I have all my contacts with international code and no problem... If you already tried to reset your X8, I guess you don't have other choice than waiting for the 2.1 upgrade! And then, maybe the problem go away...

But you can always try to go to a SE service point, at least they get to know that the problem exists!
  6. khaled.h

khaled.h Member

so u have alla ur contact with the code too but work MMmmmm.....

the problem with me , maybe i change some setting worngly

sooooooooo cute , its big problem really