When the N1 is released in the UK will UK users still be able to buy it from the US?

Last Updated:

1. photon00

photon00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I suspect not! When UK users buy the N1 from the US they are currently paying around

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

I tweeted a marketing guy and the official Tmobile twitter accounts about the N1 release date.

Both tweets have mysteriously vanished this afternoon.

Now the desire is launched, I'd put good money on the N1 not becoming available on contract with any UK carrier - even if the google pages list Vodafone as getting it.

3. photon00

Hmmm, reports state that Vodafone is selling the Desire too. It will be interesting to see how they market them both. Or, like you say, they won't.

With all the prices I'm seeing so far, buying the N1 direct from google.com is the cheapest option by far. Play.com is selling it for

4. Laxe

Laxe Well-Known Member

Just got an email from Clove.co.uk about my 'interest' in the Nexus One saying that since the Desire has been announced they will most likely sell that instead of the Nexus One! They said they have switched my notification from the Nexus One over to the Desire and say that they expect to have them in by April 7th. :(

5. photon00

I get a feeling Clove won't be the last to take the Desire preference. Shame, I hope the N1 doesn't get pushed into the background. All the UK carriers are slated to sell it with only 1 carrier to sell the N1. Just hope the google UK price for the N1 is reasonable.