• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When the update comes...

I wouldn't risk it. Just flash back to stock. Just put the original tar file that comes with the update utility and follow the onscreen directions. If you don't have it just install the CL14 update to your computer from here Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - Samsung Moment with Google and it will contain the CL14 tar file. Bam, you're back to stock and no one will ever know ahahha. :D I've done it a couple of times already.

Upvote 0
The cl14 update was so pathetic in its implementation, I will be shocked if it isn't available OTW from the start. If they were going the route of the cl14 update, it would be a week or two before there was a Sprint repair center that was aware of the update and competent enough to install it. Even if Samsung is blindingly ******ed enough to attempt another in store update, the people over at SDX will have the file fixed and ready to d/l faster than you could find the keys to your car.

BTW, if Samsung does another in store update, my Moment goes up on ebay! No third chances.

Upvote 0
The cl14 update was so pathetic in its implementation, I will be shocked if it isn't available OTW from the start. If they were going the route of the cl14 update, it would be a week or two before there was a Sprint repair center that was aware of the update and competent enough to install it. Even if Samsung is blindingly ******ed enough to attempt another in store update, the people over at SDX will have the file fixed and ready to d/l faster than you could find the keys to your car.

BTW, if Samsung does another in store update, my Moment goes up on ebay! No third chances.

The reason why it was available in stores first before OTW was they wanted to release CL14 right away, and the OTW part of it wasn't ready yet, so they made a decision to do it in store first, OTW later, instead of delaying the release.

The 2.1 update shouldn't have this issue since they already have the OTW software.

Upvote 0
I think I'll just wait until SDX gets done with it to get it...

I agree... There isn't any reason to go to the store now. I was holding off on rooting the phone because I thought I would get the 2.1 update faster from Sprint. As soon as the update was leaked and verified I jumped all over it. Now when it finally "comes out" I'll just grab it from SDK and flash the final version root utility. Why risk having sprint screw up your phone at this point?

Upvote 0
I agree... There isn't any reason to go to the store now. I was holding off on rooting the phone because I thought I would get the 2.1 update faster from Sprint. As soon as the update was leaked and verified I jumped all over it. Now when it finally "comes out" I'll just grab it from SDK and flash the final version root utility. Why risk having sprint screw up your phone at this point?
And that's the sad part...We can root/flash ROMs and updates so easily, but I bet a Sprint employee would really have to put in some work to figure out what to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones