When tmobile throttles they mean it

Last Updated:

1. Arrowslinger

Arrowslinger Active Member

With an average of 1.2 mbps on my 5GB data plan and two days before cycle returns I used it up. Now its 0.02 mbps :p

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

That's some serious throttling.
  3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

1.2 Mbps? That's your daily normal speed? :/
  4. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Well-Known Member

1.2 Damn I would never except that. Something is wrong with your phone or your area had low T-Mobile coverage
  5. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

If you're on 2G this sounds right. That being said even on 2G I can still stream music and make VOip calls so no big deal.
  6. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

Are the calls still good quality?

Surprisingly EDGE is faster than EVDO (sprint 3g).
  7. Arrowslinger

Arrowslinger Active Member

Yea I live right on the edge (no pun intended) of the good coverage and the bad. In good areas I have seen download speeds up as fast as 7.2Mbps

I can still use my phone and basic surf but video browsing is not happening, all good though this was my first month with it and I did make a few song downloads and watched a few movies. Now I know I need to do that mostly on my home service :D
  8. Carolina Media

Carolina Media Well-Known Member

Yeah the throttling is no joke. Especially in some areas. I remember back when I had the 5GB plan on my One S and went over one month from streaming too much Google Play Music, the speeds were so slow that I could barely download my email messages. Felt like a WiFi only device. It seemed even slower than when your phone just happens to enter a 2G coverage.
  9. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

Hard to argue this. It's sad when T-Mobile's throttling speed is as fast as Virgin Mobile/Sprint's 3G speeds.
  10. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes unfortunately edge is sometimes on par or even better than vm or sprint 3g. That's one of the reasons I left VM. :( If network vision brings 3g to Verizon's speed level that would be great.
  11. bob60626

bob60626 Well-Known Member

Stock unlocked AT&T Note 1. Just as the second from the top finished I received a text saying I'd hit 5 gigs so I did another. That's the top one. :D
    Atma likes this.
  12. dukenukems

dukenukems Active Member

Damn glad i don't have to worry about throttling.