• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When using Home Switcher?

Wolfedude88

Android Expert
Jan 3, 2010
So I have Launcher Pro, and I don't always want to use it but I want to every now and than, so I downloaded Home Switcher. I have Regular home set as default, and it shows it is. But when I hit home it always goes to Launcher Pro. I have checked under Applications to make sure it wasn't set as default or anything and it is not.

So my question is anyone else having this problem? Or does anyone know how to fix this without just unistalling Launcher Pro and reinstalling every time i want to use it?

Thanks

I don"t think this is Home switcher problem, I tried uninstall HS, and my phone still does it

It as something to do with how Motorola implemented the default launcher I suspect. This is also how many custom ROMS work if they strip out the launcher like SenseUI.
You'll notice that as soon as you install a different launcher and hit home it will switch from Bluir to LP or whatever launcher you installed. If you happen to have installed ,say, LP and ADW when you hit home it will ask you for a default launcher and Moto.blur isn't even listed as a choice. You can only see it if you use Home switcher. But like you say even selecting it as default in HS doesn't stick. Kind of sucks because I like to switch back and fourth at least until I get it completely setup. :(

Upvote 0
It as something to do with how Motorola implemented the default launcher I suspect. This is also how many custom ROMS work if they strip out the launcher like SenseUI.
You'll notice that as soon as you install a different launcher and hit home it will switch from Bluir to LP or whatever launcher you installed. If you happen to have installed ,say, LP and ADW when you hit home it will ask you for a default launcher and Moto.blur isn't even listed as a choice. You can only see it if you use Home switcher. But like you say even selecting it as default in HS doesn't stick. Kind of sucks because I like to switch back and fourth at least until I get it completely setup. :(

Yep I noticed that the other day as well, I am glad that I am not the only one. Sucky though, but not too big of a deal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones