when we getting that froyo???

Last Updated:

1. New Jersey

New Jersey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i know about it. i know people are putting it on heros and maybe incredible too?
    when will we get it from sprint??

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Froyo has not been officially released. What you are hearing is the UNOFFICIAL RELEASE of Froyo that has be hacked by dev for the likes of the Nexus, Hero and Moto Droid. There are known bugs in it, if you go into the Nexus one forums, you can see a list of complaints with Froyo. The Nexus One, which will be the first line of phones to get Froyo is still waiting for its OTA update.

Edit: I will say enjoy your new EVO and not think about Froyo until HTC announces it. Another thing to note, before you get FROYO, Sprint will need to go over the update and include its own bloatwares to the boat. From HTC record, don't count on FROYO anytime soon. Example inludes the Hero, Magic, Eris' update to Eclair took months after it was released in January 2010. HTC claims that because Sense UI is so integrated into the OS, it takes them time to do the update.

REEF, Dutch54, bowsback and 2 others like this.
  3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Prob July some time...hopefully!!!

4. jeffla

jeffla Member

To seasoned Android users:

When updates come out, such as 2.2, how does the upgrade process go? I am coming from the Apple way of doing things and that is all I know. Is there a way to backup your phone and then restore it when the new OS has been installed? Is that done by the upgrade process?

5. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

Unlike Apple, it will be an over the air update. There should be no need to restore.

6. munsterrr

munsterrr Well-Known Member

You would think so. All the updates for the moment wiped everything out. These were not OTA either. You either had to go to the store or download the updater from the sprint site.

Updates were at a crawl for that and the hero. They were always "around the corner" even know they said 1st half of 2010 they waited till the last minute. SOOOO i wouldnt hold my breath. Shes an amazing beast anyway.

7. New Jersey

New Jersey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hmm, with tmobile and the g1 updates were ota and seamless.
    i can wait, i guess

8. hellow0rld

hellow0rld Well-Known Member

froyo comes with built in free wifi tethering...for sure sprint will take their sweet time removing that feature and implement something so they can charge their $30 tethering fee

9. leastbay

leastbay Well-Known Member

Yeah I wouldnt count on OTA. Sprint said the Moment and Hero updates were too big for OTA and we had to update via PC download.

10. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Yeah, Froyo will be like: Feb 2011.

11. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

Sprint has already said they can't block tethering in 2.2....search the forum for the thread about that.

12. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I would really hope 2.2 comes out just before the iPhone 4 goes on sale on June 24. At least with the added streamlining of the OS, we might get a little more juice from our batteries. :)

13. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

Soon™

14. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

I am sure Sprint will say 2nd half of 2010.

15. phearx

phearx Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it will be before the end of the year, but not before September. Some of you are forgetting that for HTC to get the Sense UI stable enough, it usually takes a couple of months. Not that I would be complaining if it came within the coming weeks.

16. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

The sad part is, once FroYo is released, there's probably gonna be multiple "When are we getting Gingerbread?!!" threads every week. *sigh*

17. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I wonder who is going to get it first, the incredible or the EVO?

18. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Well...of all the HTC phones, the Desire will get it first since it's twin to the Nexus so I'm guessing the overlaying of Sense UI would be easier. I'm going to take a random guess and say Incredible...since it came out before the EVO :rolleyes: