• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will Android 4.3 be available???

It would be sad if KLP bombs it somehow, like they make it all card based like Google Now, which seems to be the UI they use in apps like Play Store and Gmail lately. Can you imagine a cross breed WebOS and Windows Phone clone? So far Android is the only system which hasn't yet been dumbed down for the noobs

Cards seem fine for multi tasking. But thats it.

Upvote 0
Windows 8 is just another operating system that got dumbed down. Most I know understand how to operate a computer. Dumbing down would have made more sense in the days of DOS, but a bit late now, even grandma can understand Vista or even Linux. I really don't understand this metro theme that so many are doing now

I think Metro in Win 8 is connected with trying to promote their phone/tablet offerings - get people familiar with the look by forcing on the desktop (it where it's not needed or helpful IMO, but then I prefer a terminal window anyway ;)).

Upvote 0
Its a disaster on a touchscreen too. Not everyone likes all that beautiful screen taken up by huge icons as if you were using a low resolution monitor from the 1990s. I can only hope Android Key Lime Pie isn't some dumbed down card based nightmare.

No kidding. Is decisions like this and the xbox 180 fiasco that have Microsoft on such a wicked downturn. It's like they don't care what the people want. Oh wait, that's exactly what it is.

As for klp, it wouldn't matter for most people because Samsung and htc and other oems would just put their bloated skin over it. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones