• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will Chrome Beta be available for Gingerbread and Froyo users?

momo951

Aug 6, 2011
Seems like Google left the rest of us android users in the dark when it comes to Chrome beta. I am really excited about it and have been wanting to try it out on my phone but I am stuck on Froyo so I can't do much. Can we expect Google to release other versions of Chrome eventually?

I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed ICS only. I think Google is trying to ensure it only runs on late model phones / tablets so they don't have to worry about compatibility / performance so much. I know the last update they blocked it on the touchpad but somebody found a way around that. So simebody might be able to get it work eventually.

Upvote 0
Seems like Google left the rest of us android users in the dark when it comes to Chrome beta. I am really excited about it and have been wanting to try it out on my phone but I am stuck on Froyo so I can't do much. Can we expect Google to release other versions of Chrome eventually?
I second the notion. Hopefully, one of our awesome developers will make this possible, if Google thinks otherwise. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones