When will EVO ship with 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. textbook7

textbook7 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking to pick up an EVO in early September. I was wondering if anyone knows when/if the EVO will ship with 2.2? I'm hoping I can just pick up a phone with 2.2 installed and not have to worry about updating and going through all that. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

I hope not until they root 2.2. I would be pissed if I needed to replace my rooted phone for a phone with 2.2 OTA that you cant root yet.

3. eyeballer

eyeballer Well-Known Member

Seems as though many people are already receiving 2.2 EVOs, just read around the forum. Or, if buying from a store, they are applying 2.2 before you leave.

textbook7 likes this.
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

HTC are not in the market to make their software compatible with unofficial ROMs.
    Eventually shipped from the factory phones will have 2.2 updated as well as any other fixes that may come up.

as to the OP, there is no hassle involved with updating, its all done automatically with no human intervention other than giving it the go ahead to start the update.

textbook7 likes this.
  5. higgins14

higgins14 Active Member

my replacement evo just came in today (had a slight screen separation and light bleeding out), and it had 2.1... i am not sure if i will regret it, but i am updating it right now with 2.2. i like having flash on the internet,but i am annoyed by pandora pausing when navigating. hopefully froyo will be fixed soon.