• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will it be released? May! see the pre-order thread for breaking details (5/7)

When can we get it!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need two things - my last annual upgrade honored and for them to take my $150 upgrade credit on May 7. I have to go check my upgrade status, honestly, I have been afraid to... :D

Anyway, I offered WifelyMon EL TEvo - after shaking her head, she told me to enjoy my new phone and to continue keeping my meat hooks off of her Shift. :D

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
I was wondering about this also. Will they allow us June people to pre-order in May.

Yes. They let anyone pre-order, regardless of their upgrade status or when they are eligible for discounts. They could probably care less as long as they make the sale. (though in most cases they may look up your info to inform you what you will likely have to pay so things don't get screwy for either party).

Upgrade status and discounts are determined and applied on the date of sale as opposed to the date of pre-order. Also, so no one else asks this, your next upgrade will be set from the date of final sale and not from the pre-order day - there are no shortcuts.

Pre-orders start on May 7. The phone will probably release in the first weeks of June I'd imagine, depending on their summer road map. They aren't going to leave the bulk of their sales out in the cold (Evo 4G upgrades), especially since their long term future may depend on our loyalty. Even if they decide to release it before June, Sprint can re-write the rules and extend grace to early adopter Evo 4G users that want to upgrade. So if you are set for June and the phone comes out at the end of May, they can decide to bend their own rules if they choose.

Sprint is usually decent about this stuff, and they treat customers pretty well, so no worries mate.

Upvote 0
I was wondering about this also. Will they allow us June people to pre-order in May.

Add to what PyroSporker said, in addition to that you can upgrade now if you wanted to any phone. Sprint tactics are (which makes sense) they will allow to upgrade 3 months in advance prior to your contract expiring (keeping you from leaving) I.e. Sept 9th, you can start your from June 9th - Sept 9th! Iv'e been doing since 2004!:D

Upvote 0
Yes, first Friday of the month.....June 4th.

Ok! Do you feel it will come out the first Friday of this June!? I talk to a Sprint rep (take with a .5 grain of salt) and he said he something like the 22nd of June!? My experience with rep, they are clueless! A female rep told me I should work for Sprint, because I know more than them!:D

P.S....She made me feel good!:cool:

Upvote 0
I just called Sprint and was asking about the Galaxy Nexus, he told me the evo lte is coming out before the Galaxy Nexus and will be released sometime in May. He was pretty confident about it being May, not June. I am guessing it will be released 2 weeks after pre order, so maybe the 21st or 22nd of May.

LOL...I'm pretty confident, those reps should be fired from Sprint!

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...700KIT&flow=AAL&isDeeplinked=true&id16= nexus

hahahaha...They obviously weren't doing good research on their own products.

Upvote 0
My question is when will they let us know when the release date is?

It'll likely be announced the day the 1st pre-orders can be made, which is May 7.

For the Evo 3D, BestBuy started taking "secret" preorders around May 3rd without a release date in sight.

Sprint started officially taking preorders late May, May 21st, and still with no release date announcement.

Finally, on June 6, 2011, Sprint officially announced that the HTC Evo 3D would be available on June 24, 2011.

The fact that we already know the preorder date at the announcement of the LTEvo is already different than last year. So in other words, it's hard to predict from prior launches :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones