When will it be released? May! see the pre-order thread for breaking details (5/7)General

When can we get it!?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2012.
  1. Before June

34.3%
  2. First half of June

61.2%
  3. Second half of June

4.5%
  4. After June

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

For me, the release date doesn't matter as much as the date that Sprint's LTE becomes available in Los Angeles. Until that date, the EVO 4G LTE might as well be the EVO 3G. Once Sprint DOES activate LTE in LA, though, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
    falconey likes this.
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

pretty sure it'll still be damn fast without LTE, it still uses the S4 whether your connected to LTE or not so i really just don't see why it matters THAT much, you'll still have data through 3g and wifi
  3. suprmallet

It matters because Sprint's 3G speeds are abysmal here. Until the Network Vision upgrades kick in, the 3G is practically useless to me. I spend 40+ hours a week at work without wifi and in fact use my phone for tethering, so a phone without some working 4G technology does me no good.
    Covert_Death likes this.
  4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

fair enough
  5. suprmallet

Believe me, I wish I could make do with Sprint's 3G in the meantime, because this phone is going to be killer and I want it ASAP.
  6. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Where in L.A. do you work?
  7. suprmallet

Near LAX at the Howard Hughes Center.
  8. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

June 10th. That seems to fit Sprint's criteria.
  9. drexappeal

Oh, yeah. I can confirm that. The Venice/Westchester/Culver City area gets really choppy signal.

Strangely enough, you actually go to LAX and the 4G Wimax signal is the strongest I've experienced ever (away from a Sprint store)...LOL.

But, from what I understand, the LTE rollout should be a whole different experience and by the time they're done with Network Vision, Sprint should be better than it ever has been at "it's peak." Quite honestly, part of me is skeptical, but considering that Sprint has the strongest signal out of all the carriers in my neck of the woods (North of Sunset), I really don't plan on changing providers.
    BenChase7 likes this.
  10. suprmallet

I would love to see Sprint bounce back and really kick some butt. And once they do, I'll gladly buy whatever superphone looks best (which will probably be the LTEvo).
  11. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

12. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Here is the problem... Their article originally said the Evo 4G LTE hadn't even passed the FCC yet! Which we know it already did. They also reported that the Sprint landing page/Pre-order place-holding page just went live last night (along with a bunch of other mis-lead media outlets). However that page/a placeholder page has been live since seconds after the phone's announcement...

The rumors are a flyin' and June 10th is just as much of a rumor as May 18 as far as I am concerned, even if they want to claim insider info and tout they were the first name a launch date and boldly state the phone is "still right on time". They have a pretty darn good site for LTE info and Network Vision rollouts, however this article just feels like they are trying to feather their own cap.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  13. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

To add, they were wrong about their "exclusive" release date info on the Viper and Nexus as well. It may have been just a week off, but it was still off.

Anyone could have guessed April for the Nexus, when we heard about the contest I guessed April as the release date. Same with the Evo, it's usually June so it would be safe to assume it will still be in June as well, but that doesn't mean it will be.
    PyroSporker likes this.
  14. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I still stand by the target date of June 10th for release.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  15. Wiley_11

Wiley_11 Well-Known Member

I'm standing here beside myself. :date:
    EarlyMon likes this.
  16. drexappeal

EarlyMon likes this.
  17. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

That is for sure! At lest they got some screen shots of window posters/marketing material along with this one though.
  18. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Not too surprising given that training for the LTEvo has started, yes?
  19. BenChase7

That I'm not sure of. humm. has it?
  20. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

The new Google - won't always find relevant links even if they're recent.

I seem to recall that within the last week, there was a story out that gained little attention stating that some sort training - along with promo material introductions - were going out, yes.
  21. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

BenChase7 likes this.
  22. BenChase7

Yea, seems like when ever someone gets word of a release date, it means its deemed "confirmed." lol
    EarlyMon likes this.
  23. drexappeal

Oh, that's most definitely awesome to see. The faster the superphones are out, the faster I can do a comparison, read reviews, and decide which one I'm choosing.

I'm not eligible until July, so if the mopho q and sgs 3 are out by then...perfect timing...lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.