When will my Incredible come?!?!?General

Last Updated:

1. zhill29

zhill29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I ordered my Incredible yesterday (Sunday May 10) and they told me it wouldn't be here till like the 29th. I heard some stories of people getting theirs way earlier than when they were supposed to. So when do you think it will come? Please be optomistic!

I'm dieing to get my hands on it, if you didn't notice.

Advertisement
  2. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

You will get it in 19 days, 3 hours, 22 seconds, 15 milliseconds. /Close thread

3. tnbassman

tnbassman Member

I ordered mine the 6th of May and verizone site said it "would ship by the 14th". I got it today. It shipped on the 6th same day as ordered.

4. WARRIIOR

WARRIIOR Well-Known Member

Ordered last Wednesday, received last Friday. Got it in 2 days, they told me it would be a week at the minimum. They are full of it.

5. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

why do you think anybody here will know? If you order it, it will come... if you didn't want to wait, then you should have tried stores or not order it until it was off backorder.

6. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

qft. /thread

7. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

Ordered mine on May 6th online at the Verizon site, but still haven't received a shipping notification. The order status has been "Your order has been processed. You should receive your order within 2 - 3 business days" since Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll ship today or tomorrow.

8. zhill29

Because the people here are generally the people that have the phone and I'm sure a good percentage ordered them online, just curious to see how long it has taken other people to get theirs.

9. maximus96

maximus96 Well-Known Member

i'm chatting right now with an online verizonwireless rep:

me: hi. was wondering when the incredibles will be in stock JB: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
    JB: It is in stock now, because of high demand it is being shipped out in cycles for the time being.

so hopefully it will ship soon, i'm also looking to purchase one and looks like amazon.com is out of stock

edit, online rep telling me the 1 year warranty is only valid if i purchase from verizon directly, no warranty if i purchase from amazon...

10. AndyA

AndyA Guest

Ordered mine at 11am on Friday (5/7) from Verizon and it shipped 2 hours later. Should be delivered today (per FedEx website).

11. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

Interesting - I spoke to a CS person today to see about having my upgrade eligibility moved up sooner, and I can now order the DInc on the 19 of this month... that will be a real bummer if it takes that long to actually ship it though.. heh.

Of course, i have 9 days to wait, so alot can change in that time too...

12. PMG

PMG Active Member

Walked into the store and bought mine. Walked out with it in hand. No pre-order. Was just 1 day after official ship date for pre-orders. Love it.

13. maximus96

can somebody tell me if there is tax on top of the $199 per phone? if so, is it taxed on $199 or taxed on the full retain price of $5xx. if the latter is true than tax alone would be close to $100 for me. i'd wait for amazon to restock in that case.

14. zhill29

I think if you bought in store the tax would be on $300 then you do your $100 mail in rebate. Online should be taxed on $200

15. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

Also, to the point of the original thread, keep in mind that the site right now says

"Due to high demand, this device will ship by 5/29"

Keyword in bold... it may very well ship sooner, depending on supply and demand. I wouldn't stress too much.

16. zhill29

Ah, yes, I wish I could catch little details like that.

17. milnivlek

In California, the tax is based on the original full retail price of $529.99, unfortunately.

18. soleilvie

soleilvie Well-Known Member

Oh boy is there tax. I got mine at an upgrade price of $149 and was charged tax for the FULL retail price of $729. So my total came to about $213.

"In California, sales tax is calculated on the full retail price of the device, not the discounted price you pay. In Nevada, sales tax is calculated on the inventory cost of the device.

**The sales tax charged on your device was based on $729.98."

I'm in CA. Think it's only for CA residents?

EDIT: milnivlek, $529? Why was I charged tax on $729?! Is there a difference between inventory and full retail price, inventory being the $529?

I created this thread: http://androidforums.com/htc-incred...received-phone-vs-verizon-will-ship-date.html. It has very similar answers to the ones people are posting here.

I ordered two phones (one Incredible, one Intensity) in the early hours on May 8th. It shipped on the 10th and will be arriving tomorrow, the 11th.

19. maximus96

That sucks for me then. I will have to wait for amazon since they don't charge me tax but they are 5-7 weeks out

20. milnivlek

Hmm, I really don't know. If you search around online, it seems everyone describes the Incredible's full retail price as either $529.99 or $599.99. Definitely not $729.

My order confirmation email from Verizon said this (copying and pasting the exact text):

In California, sales tax is calculated on the full retail price of the device, not the discounted price you pay. In Nevada, sales tax is calculated on the inventory cost of the device.

**The sales tax charged on your device was based on $529.99.

21. soleilvie

soleilvie Well-Known Member

You are an awesome person! Thanks to you I called Verizon and the guy said I was not meant to be charged tax on that amount. So $17.50 has been credited to my account. :D

EDIT: I just figured out why I was charged tax on $729. I ordered an Incredible and a Samsung Intensity. Retail price for Incredible ($529) + retail price for Intensity ($200) = $729...

Even though with upgrade discounts the Intensity was completely free, the breakdown of the order confirmation made it look like tax was charged only on the Incredible.

Of course this was an accident but I feel so bad now. The sales rep didn't even see it and he's probably going to get fired after talking to his supervisor about it. :(