• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

when will swype be out for the heros?

you know you dont have to slide right? you can click also like the reg android keyboard

Yep, but still found it tricky as it kept changing to words i didn't want or changing my capitalisations. Clicking is hard enough, sliding would be simply impossible.

I also discovered yesterday that's it's almost unusable when coming from the cold outside to the warmth inside - the slight condensation that builds on the screen and my fingers mean I can't slide at all (yes, you can still click) until it's all dried up after a short while. No biggie really, just an observation.

Upvote 0
I also discovered yesterday that's it's almost unusable when coming from the cold outside to the warmth inside - the slight condensation that builds on the screen and my fingers mean I can't slide at all (yes, you can still click) until it's all dried up after a short while. No biggie really, just an observation.

I found the same thing yesterday, was quite annoying =/.

Upvote 0
So, I've pretty much decided to go back to the stock HTC keyboard... I liked shapewriter for it's coolness and how easy it is for simple and obvious words but I spent way too much time deleting and retrying certain words that it just couldn't seem to get. Longer words being particularly troublesome. And then there is the finger sticking after the cold.

Maybe the problem lies with me and my accuracy but ultimately, I found the whole experience a little too frustrating! And I like the Sense keyboard for that very reason, I don't need to be very accurate, it just knows what I want!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones