• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will there be a Wall Street Journal app?

Maple Leaf

Lurker
Sep 20, 2010
Bought my first cell phone last week, a Droid 2, and learned this morning that the Wall Street Journal has apps for BlackBerrys and iPhones but nothing so far for Android phones. The wsj employee said they are working on an Android app, but was not able to say when one might be released.

Does anyone here have a best guess or rumor or whatever as to when it might be coming? I am so new to smart-phones & apps that I have no idea what to expect. Would it be released in weeks? months? a year or more? I am well within my 30-day cancel period and could consider switching to iPhone . . . I was really looking forward to reading the Journal on my smart-phone.

Hi Draiko,
I am already a paid subscriber to both the print and the online version of the WSJ. The guy told me the app would be free for me.

Does iOS mean iPhone operating system? I am very new to the world of cell phones & so on.

WSJ made a conscious choice a few years ago not to make all the content available for free on the internet. I am aware there is controversy about the whole issue of whether news should be free or not. . .

I am still hoping some people on this forum might help me. . .

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi Draiko,
I am already a paid subscriber to both the print and the online version of the WSJ. The guy told me the app would be free for me.

Does iOS mean iPhone operating system? I am very new to the world of cell phones & so on.

WSJ made a conscious choice a few years ago not to make all the content available for free on the internet. I am aware there is controversy about the whole issue of whether news should be free or not. . .

I am still hoping some people on this forum might help me. . .

Thanks.
Yes iOS is the iphone OS. Im also a subscriber to the WSJ and I too have heard for months the android app is coming. Sooner, later, no one is sure. Its surprising considering Apple and BB have had theirs for so long.
Maybe Santa will bring us this app :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
There were two articles recently in the wsj about corporate employees clamoring to be allowed to select Android phones, i.e. asking their employers not to force employees to choose Blackberrys. Apparently 25% of corporate-employee phones being chosen nowadays are Android phones. One analyst said he expects Android will be the prevalent o/s in a few years.

I must decide whether to cancel my Verizon Droid 2 and switch to AT&T iPhone within the next 2.5 weeks or so. As someone who had never owned any cell phone, I found it very difficult to gauge which smart-phone would be right for me. . . After my first 5 days, I do use the keyboard & wonder about giving it up, but the screen on the Droid 2 is so small. . .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones