When will they begin shipping the Evo's again

Last Updated:

1. Ayman250

Ayman250 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I decided to go ahead and purchase a new htc evo. And recently went to the several sprint stores, all of which did not have any available. Now i expected that seeing as the phone was selling very quickly. I then asked (in one specific store) when the phone they will have any available. The guy working at the store told me that they would have a shipment available the next day. The next day i called and was told that they wouldn't have any till Saturday. I waited and still, even on saturday they had none. I'm assuming this is due to them not shipping, any. I have heard that there have been some grounding problems, and some problems with the adhesive, are they fixing these problems? And is that directly related to the prolonged shipment time? If so it would be great if anyone knew when they would be shipping new ones. And if anyone has bought one from a new shipment within the last 4days and whether you have experienced any of those problems. Thank you very much.

Advertisement
  2. evo678

evo678 Well-Known Member

I think Best Buy has them. I called several two days ago and all but one had them in stock. But after reading about people who just purchased or exchanged theirs from BB only to experience the same problem, I've pretty much given up on this phone. :(

3. epphllps

epphllps Active Member

Just got my Evo exchanged at Best Buy and it only had a build date of 6/4/2010...it's the 24th now so I don't expect to see the NEW ASSEMBLY evos anytime soon. Definitely not before our 30 day trial is up. :(

4. Carl6

Carl6 Well-Known Member

I was on a waiting list and got a call this evening that they had a phone for me. Posting this using my EVO!

5. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I searched many locations of the following stores: BB, TheShack, and Sprint. All of which were sold out. Three days ago, I walked into BB and asked.. they said, "its your lucky day, we just got 40 EVO's in." I think its luck of the draw. My contract was not up for 3 weeks, but I called and Sprint on the spot and explained to them the situation and they said they would renew early (maybe cuz I've been with them since 99), but I was happy as hell. Good Luck!

6. Ayman250

Ayman250 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well im going to wait a while to get it because, there have been a few returns, and i dont want a returned one, so ill wait for a bit. Last time one of the sprint stores had 1 available, but then towards the end he mentioned it was returned. Any how i guess i will wait. I wont die. I hope...

7. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on a replacement on mine still had it since the 7th... Preordered...

Since all the issue addresses HTC has claimed, I told my store I'm in no hurry to get mine replaced... Still, they haven't had a single one (so they claimed) since I picked mine up... The rep said I was one of two that reported issues...

So the shipment at least if they're not lying is slow on my end too... I asked in a Sprint store...

8. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

My site told me they got them daily but they had a waiting list of like 100. They said they started off getting like 3 or 4 but are now getting like 15a day

9. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Just exchanged mine for the raised screen issue yesterday...come to think of it I should have kept it since it was a manufacture defect...oh well they had like 5 left from he 60 they got in on Tuesday.

10. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

They are coming in but most are pre sold. Have you checked online? You should try online every day. You can always go to Radio Shack and get on the back order list sooner or later within a few weeks you will have one.

11. Quags

Quags Member

Log in to your Sprint account (if you are already on Sprint) every morning to see if they have any. I just went in, selected "upgrade" and when the list of phones came up, I selected the Evo. That's how I got mine.

12. Enellz

Enellz Well-Known Member

Excellent sign to sprint, bad for consumers. Now come on Sprint advertise the hell out of evo

13. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

I say just call Sprint up and don't trust their website.