• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will we actually see 1.6 Donut?

Does anyone know if it will be an OTA update or a PC download? More importantly when???

Screw donut, gimme Eclair! Eclair cant be far off now, not with Google dropping a giant Eclair on their front lawn.

Edit:
They are saying its unlikely it will be OTA due to size (or strain you decide) in their network. They also said maybe not until 2010, but I dont believe that.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm doesn't make much sense to me. If they plan to update to 1.6 within a month of the release of the phone, why not just wait and release the phone with 1.6, or release the phone with 1.6 eh, if its a month away its most likely ready to go or close enough to it at least. Maybe its just me but a 1.6 update this year doesn't seem too lately, not to be a downer or anything xD.

Upvote 0
I was in Sprint yesterday, and was discussing just this issue with a rep. He stated we would probably see Donut in about a month, and Eclair in Jan-Feb 2010.
I'd like to believe this, but I dont hold much stock in anything Sprint reps say. The release of the Hero was proof enough they dont disseminate information very well. I'd put money on the fact he was making it up just because he didnt have an answer.

Upvote 0
Im kinda with Edaze on this one, I been on Sprint for 6+ years in a couple different states and if there's one thing I know while most reps have good intentions, they tend to have little information to no information about their own products, that or they just don't want to risk losing their job divulging the info. In most cases I've seen, in store reps especially, will tell people what they want to hear just to make them happy, there is always the off chance they aren't BSing you, but I would take anything a rep tells you with a grain of salt unless Sprint as already confirmed it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones