• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

when will we see google now?

stratct

Jun 18, 2013
for us 4.0 and under users? i have an HTC EVO 3D that cant be updated to 4.1. its gotten to the point where IOS users have google now and we don't, that's not very google like. will the so called "google experience" launcher ever come out? and if so will it be out for 4.0 and under to use? and if so will that bring us google now? i know that i can root it and flash a rom on it but rooting an HTC device is like pulling teeth. :thinking:

I think the GE Launcher is either out or imminent, but I'm not sure. As far as Google now, I've had it for, well, since it came out. IIRC with the original N7. It really isn't anything special, and you aren't missing too much from ICS to JB.
thanks for the reply but i had google now on my galaxy ring but i traded it for the htc.... again. i miss google now so much. it was the best

Upvote 0
for us 4.0 and under users? i have an HTC EVO 3D that cant be updated to 4.1. its gotten to the point where IOS users have google now and we don't, that's not very google like. will the so called "google experience" launcher ever come out? and if so will it be out for 4.0 and under to use? and if so will that bring us google now? i know that i can root it and flash a rom on it but rooting an HTC device is like pulling teeth. :thinking:

iOS has Google Now?! :thinking:
Rooting can be a little tough depending on your device, but there are plenty of folks to help you out here.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Google wants to pretend Android 2.3 and lower never happened. i can certainly understand that as those were the darker days for me and i often went back to my iPhone because i had so much trouble out of anything with the Gingerbread man or below. although i do not get why they don't want to support ICS, since the only thing added to Jelly Bean was Project Butter. other than that, ICS and JB are pretty close to each other. unlike Siri on iOS, they can't make the excuse that the hardware of devices running 4.0 isn't up to spec. Google Now is just the Google Search app with an extra feature. it would work just fine in 2.1 if they enabled it. makes zero sense though, it's just a search tool, not a game, or something that works better on higher end hardware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones