Whenever installing an app, I get "No more room on this home screen"

1. itisthumper

itisthumper Member

I have plenty of room on my home screen but whenever I install a new app, it tells me I dont have enough room on this home screen. Yet the icon does indeed get placed on the home screen.

Why am I getting this message? Can I correct it?

I am using GO launcher EX. I just encountered this problem yesterday.

Advertisement
    :
  2. itisthumper

itisthumper Member

I seemed to have fixed the problem

Solution:
    Google Play > Settings
    Then uncheck "Auto-add widgets"
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

But then you won't get placed automatically the icon of a just installed app on your home screen.

Harry
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I really don't like how it automatically places them anyway
  5. itisthumper

itisthumper Member

I just simply turned it back on after turning it off. The message stops coming up.
    Harry2 likes this.
  6. Kryslu

Kryslu New Member

I am using go launcher as well and just had the same problem but I just figured it out..... when your running an extra launcher the original launcher is still active with go launcher just running over top so the he screens on the base launcher have filed up and that's what was causing me to get that message. Once I went back to my base launcher aka touch wiz home on the gs3 I seen the home screens in that was clogged full of all the apps I have installed since I started using go launcher, so I just deleted them from there and the message stopped coming up when I installed apps. So it's fixed till I fill it up again anyway haha