• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where are all the big name publishers/titles?

nomadic

Feb 20, 2010
Kinda sick of all the knock-off versions of the same damn games. Where are the liscensed franchises and big name IP's? The iPhone has plenty. Hell, even Java-based phones had a better selection of quality games. The Android market has alot of either crap or games that are trying too hard to show off the capabilities of a select few devices (unfortunately the latter seem to be the ones that are considered the "best" games on the market).

If the big fishes.. like EA, will bring crappy games like the ones they have in the market... i am better off with the not so-big-name's games... exseus, asphalt, raiging thunder, armageddon squadron, baseball superstars, iron sight, robo defense, armored strike, wave blazer, frg, gem miner, buka, bonsai, replica iland, etc... oh and dont forget the awesome emulators!!! =D

Upvote 0
The Android App Market is starting to be like the iPhone back in 2008-2009 when 99% of the apps were just crappy fart apps. Look at it now...
yeah I agree as of late the iphone game apps has gotten better. I have FF and FFII on my touch. so just give them time to figure out how to after all the android os is still basically new. just have to give the developers time to mess with it.

Upvote 0
Kinda sick of all the knock-off versions of the same damn games. Where are the liscensed franchises and big name IP's? The iPhone has plenty.
Same answer as all the other threads asking when we'll have games as good as the iPhone, or apps that are on the iPhone, etc. They don't just magically appear because you have an app market. Developers need to be convinced that it's economically viable for them.

Of course the iPhone has plenty. It has been around far longer, has a much larger user base and so on.

Upvote 0
While i do agree the iphone has a much larger installed base, but if a truely great game were to make it to the android i think it would sell more units, because of the lack of high quality games so far. The iphone might have a much larger base but then again competition on the platform is fierce, whereas its not nearly as cutthroat on the android platform. If i were a game developer i'd spend some time on android and get things figured out. Also you have the issue of os fragmentation, we have people running android 1.5, 1.6, 2.0 and 2.1. That in itself creates a huge development problem.

Upvote 0
It is going to be VERY interesting walking around E3 this year to see if the mobile presence is bigger than last year. I full expect it to be. I think E3 should re-open Kentia Hall as a Mobile Game space. Kentia hall used to be the place for smaller developers to showcase their games, but when E3 came back to the LA convention center, Kentia hall was no longer used...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones