• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where are all you Droid X people from?

Ordered: I was actually able to reserve it in Seattle at the Verizon store while on a business trip. I think the date was 6/25. I was second on the reserve list.
Received: 7/23- The in store rep that reserved it for me had to activate it (Anchorage is in Verizon's extended network) then FedEx it to me. The rep took his time shipping it, so I was without a phone from launch day until the next Friday.... What a wait!!!

I am extremely satisfied with this phone. I am probably not the best to judge this from though, I came from the BB Storm. What a piece of junk!

Upvote 0
54dlb8z.jpg

Bought 7-15-10
Delivered 7-19-10

Upvote 0
Corning, NY

Thought about getting it on launch day but had Droid 1 so debated getting it. Went on vacation Fort Meyers area and searched all over finally my last day there found one on July 23.

Beware if you go to a store that looks like a Verizon Wireless Corp store make sure to ask. My daughter got a blackberry (I know) and we even mentioned that we had 30 days to change our mind and told them we leave the next day to go back to NY and they never said they only have stores in FL & GA. Verizon Wireless won't exchange it I had to ship it to the FL store. So just make sure you know before you buy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones