• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where are contacts stored?

I'd like to know where the Contact files are because

(1) I'd like to understand better how the system works and where user data is kept, and

(2) As you suggest, I'd like to back them up. I've already found that I can easily export them to a single vcf file containing all my Contacts, and I can back this file up anywhere I like. But if you can suggest any apps that will do the backups for me, I'd like to know about them too. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'd like to know where the Contact files are because

(1) I'd like to understand better how the system works and where user data is kept, and

(2) As you suggest, I'd like to back them up. I've already found that I can easily export them to a single vcf file containing all my Contacts, and I can back this file up anywhere I like. But if you can suggest any apps that will do the backups for me, I'd like to know about them too. Thanks.
I use MyBackup Pro
It has two backup methods:-
1. Apps
2. Data
The Data method will back up:-
1. Contacts
2. Call Log
3. Bookmarks
4. SMS
5. MMS
6. System Settings
7. Android Home
8. Alarms
9. Dictionary
10. Calendar
11. Music PlayList
12. Additional supported Applications (More Icons Widget)

Additional supported applications is where a developer writes information allowing MyBackup Pro to add their file details for backup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones