Where are downloaded wallpapers stored...Support

Last Updated:

1. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded an app from the market awhile back with some autumn wallpapers. I chose one of them to be my wallpaper and then removed the app, but the wallpaper remained. I'd like to back that picture up to my sdcard before I wipe the phone and play around with a different rom.

Does anyone know where assigned wallpapers get stored on the phone and how you can extract them to the sdcard?

It's not on my sdcard already so I'm assuming it gets placed in one of the system folders.

Advertisement
  2. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

The /system partition is not writeable by default, so it's not that.

flyinjoe13 likes this.
  3. flyinjoe13

Hmmm......I wonder where it is then? I guess I could just download the app again, but it would be far easier to save the picture if I could. It's already been cropped the way I like it.

Thanks for the info...

4. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

Programs like zedge store all downloaded items on your sd card. Look for a folder named after the application or something you don't recognize.

grrrfriend and flyinjoe13 like this.
  5. flyinjoe13

Did that already. The picture is not on my sdcard unless it's in some hidden folder, but everytime I turn the phone on, there it is. So it must be in some kind of cache file\folder or something.