1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Where are my Apps disappearing to?Support

1. Ashtree

Ashtree New Member

Hello there.
    I am a newbie so you will probably think I am stupid not knowing the answer to this! However here goes...
    I have put apps on my HTC Explorer's 2Gb card. All was OK for a few days. Then it started... Turned the phone off, turned it on again later - and some of the apps were no longer there. Put them back on, turned the phone off - turned it on later and, well you can guess the rest!
    It can't be that there is no space left on the card, because at the moment it is saying 'Total space 1.9GB' and 'Available space 1.8GB'. It doesn't seem to be the same apps that come and go, and there have been some that have stayed put (so far anyway!). A related problem is that the phone seems to think they are still there because when I try to re-install them from the Play Store it says that they are already installed. This means that I have to install a different version of certain apps, for instance I am now on my 4th QR-code reader because the first three won't re-install.
    So what I would like to know is
    1) why are the apps disappearing,
    2) are they actually still around on the phone somewhere,
    3) if they are really gone for good, how can I get my phone to understand this and let me download them again!

Advertisement
    :