• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where are my contacts?

mrsooty

Aug 7, 2012
I just bought an HTC Desire X. It imported my contacts from my Sim, no worries. At some point I accidentally re-imported them, so they were all doubled up. Now, there's a function where you can remove double ups, but I didn't see that, so I thought I'd delete them and then re import them. But it seems I've deleted them off the sim - or have I?
My contacts still appear as contacts when I go to call someone, but they don't show up under 'People' . If I try to import them in 'People' it doesn't see them on the Sim. If I take the Sim out, the contacts remain on the phone. How do I get these contacts into 'People', and how do I get them back on my Sim? The only way I can find is to go into each contact manually and 'save contact to sim', but that is going to take a long time!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones