Where are pictures saved in the SD Card?General

Last Updated: 2010-05-05 22:16:58
  1. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

I set my pictures to be saved to sd card, however I can't see the pictures in my computer from my sd card. According to the picture settings in the phone, they should be in /100MEDIA folder but from my computer I don't see them.

Where are the pictures being saved in the sd card?

Advertisement
  2. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

/sdcard/dcim/100media

(at least for me
  3. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

Ok, I just looked and it is saved on my sd card in the my_pix folder, but the name of the file IS 100media...hope that helps. IF it isn't there, then check the phone stoarge to see if its there, also go into photos on the phone and make sure u can see it there before you look on your sd by mounting it(bc i you can't see it on the phone at all, it won't be on the card).
  4. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

im not getting the sdcard/ folder
  5. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

Do you see the 100MEDIA folder? There are actually 2 100MEDIA folders. One in phone memory and one on SD card. When you plug phone in there will be 2 "drives". I suspect you are looking at 100MEDIA folder on phone storage. Look for other drive and other 100MEDIA folder.
  6. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

i see it in my phone, i can upload the pictures to email. i do remember deleting my_pix folder thinking it was the default from my old LG Dare, I will try to create that folder and see if the photos go there, thanks for info

Edit: still NO luck, pictures aren't being saved in mypix folder... argh
  7. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

It also seems I can't access my sd card information on my phone (music, videos, photos) when I plug the usb to computer. Is this normal?
  8. nightfishing

how are you looking for it (on your pc, on the phone etc)

sdcard/ is the root for the sdcard (it HAS to be there if you have a card). But you may not see it labeled as such.
  9. nightfishing

yes. 100%.
  10. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

Good point, this has to be the reason.. but I don't see a second drive (8gig sd card). The thing is, my old sd card pictures are shown in this drive on my computer.

Edit, the drive shown on my computer is definitely the SD Card drive. this is very confusing now.
  11. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

its under DCIM
    rgr555 likes this.
  12. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

Thanks
    Originally the pics weren't showing up, I just removed and put back in my sdcard and viola.

now I'm wondering how I can see my phone's internal 8gig drive..its not showing up when i connect it via usb