• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

where are s planner files stored?

This isn't really an answer to your question, but it's a solution. I use S Planner to link to my Google calendar. That way, the entries are not only automatically backed up to the google servers, but they sync across my Note, my S3 phone and my PC. Maybe that's a solution for you? Just be sure to choose the right Gmail account when entering new events.

I want to start using the s planner more now but I can't get Kies to work so can anyone tell me where the s planner files are stored? If I know that I can back them up without using Kies.
Ta.

Upvote 0
Thanks.

I use Chrome on my PC (if that matters) and I searched for Google Calendar and have now set it up. The thing is, it would seem that I access this via Chrome, is that correct?

So it is something held centrally by Google, rather than stored on my PC and I have to go to it via the browser and log in each time?

If that's true, is there a simpler way to access Google Calendar on my PC - i.e. set up a shortcut on the desktop?

How do you use it?

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Because my work uses Gmail, which I am in all the time (sigh), the toolbar at the top provides a quick link into my calendar. As for my tablet and/or phone, I just click on S Planner and then new event. Unless I need to switch calendars (I have both the work, and a personal GMail account, so I have two calendars), S Planner remembers the last account I used for my calendar so I rarely even have to change the drop down to my Google calendar; it's already there. Just make sure you don't use the My Calendar option as a calendar choice or it will only be local to your tablet (not backed up; not synced anywhere else).

I can have events from both Google calendars show up on my S Planner as well (they appear in different colors), so I have one-stop-shopping for both home and work events and they appear on my PC, my phone and my Note.

I use Firefox rather than Chrome, but the effect should be the same. I rarely log out of my GMail account, but on my personal computer I have my user name and PW stored, so even if I do log out I just type one letter of my userID and the stored name pops in, then the password fills. I click Log In and I'm good.

A cool thing about using S Planner/Google calendar is that you can be working in S Note and use the Share Via to send the note you are working on to your calendar as an event (it attaches itself; you fill in event details). Pretty handy trick!

Not sure if that's answering your questions or not... :rolleyes:

Thanks.

I use Chrome on my PC (if that matters) and I searched for Google Calendar and have now set it up. The thing is, it would seem that I access this via Chrome, is that correct? Yes, or any other browser once you log into your Google account.

So it is something held centrally by Google, rather than stored on my PC and I have to go to it via the browser and log in each time? Yes - this is how it can be available on your Note and on your PC without you having to enter appointments twice. It also means your appts are backed up to Google's servers.

If that's true, is there a simpler way to access Google Calendar on my PC - i.e. set up a shortcut on the desktop? Right--click on a blank area of your desktop, and choose New > Shortcut. For the shortcut link, type https://www.google.com/calendar Press Next, then give your shortcut a name. Press Finish. You may be prompted to log in if you aren't already.

How do you use it? I switch freely between my two GMail accounts, my Note, and my Galaxy phone. Everything is synced and it all works beautifully. On my tablet, I have the S Planner widget, set to month view, on one screen, and the widget set to agenda view on another screen. This gives me an at-a-glance look at my full calendar, but I can see all the detail of each appt in the daily view. I have the same setup on my phone. I love having multiple home screens! :)

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that - very useful info. It's more than a solution to my original question because it's got me using the calendar in a sync'ed way, which is great.

I've been playing with this for a while and I'm getting used to things.

Firstly I discovered that I could select (to display) both My Calendar and my Google calendar (signified by my Email address) on the tab. Perhaps I need to uncheck the My Calendar option? If I've selected both, does that mean when I create something on the tab, it creates it in both calendars? What happens if I have just the Google one visable and enter an event while out of wi fi range? Does it still store somewhere and sync later when I get into range?

Secondly I've noticed that when I create a new event in the Google calendar (on my PC), it automatically appears on the tabs calendar. But when I create one on the tab, I have to refresh the PC version to get it to show the new event. Not really a problem, just a bit quirky.

One other small thing - when I 'attach' an s note to an event, in the tabs calendar, there seems to be no way you would know a note has been associated with the event until you 'open' the event. I would have thought a small icon would be placed somewhere to indicate the existence of a note (a bit like the little alarm clock symbol that appears in the entry under the event list when you've set a notification on the event). Am I missing something?

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Responses in red below.

Thanks for that - very useful info. It's more than a solution to my original question because it's got me using the calendar in a sync'ed way, which is great.

I've been playing with this for a while and I'm getting used to things.

Firstly I discovered that I could select (to display) both My Calendar and my Google calendar (signified by my Email address) on the tab. Perhaps I need to uncheck the My Calendar option? If I've selected both, does that mean when I create something on the tab, it creates it in both calendars? I think that if you use the "My Calendar" it *won't* sync with Google - that it's stuck on your Note (at least, that was my experience). My understanding is that the S Planner is a way to view all of your Google calendar (or other??) events. Because I only need to use the Google calendars (home and work) I haven't been using the My Calendar because I don't think it syncs to my other devices - PC and phone. What happens if I have just the Google one visable and enter an event while out of wi fi range? Does it still store somewhere and sync later when I get into range? I *think* you set your settings for the time frame for syncing so they should sync up when next you hit a wi-fi zone. You can also force a sync if needed. I would imagine you can test this by switching off wi-fi, entering an event, then switching it back on again.

Secondly I've noticed that when I create a new event in the Google calendar (on my PC), it automatically appears on the tabs calendar. But when I create one on the tab, I have to refresh the PC version to get it to show the new event. Not really a problem, just a bit quirky. Might be related to the sync settings for the PC vs. the Note

One other small thing - when I 'attach' an s note to an event, in the tabs calendar, there seems to be no way you would know a note has been associated with the event until you 'open' the event. I would have thought a small icon would be placed somewhere to indicate the existence of a note (a bit like the little alarm clock symbol that appears in the entry under the event list when you've set a notification on the event). Am I missing something? I haven't been able to get this to work right...in fact, I just put up a screen shot about it in another thread if you'll take a look. Maybe you can tell me how mine looks different than yours?

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Actually, I think your question was answered on that other thread. Perhaps you just didn't register it.

You need to scroll down, in that little pop-up window to see the little s note icon. You can then tap on it to open.

This illustrates my point. You don't know that there's an s note associated with an event until you do what I've described above.

Upvote 0
That's the thing - I scroll down in the little pop-up window and nothing - no Note, no nothing. It's just gone. If I build the event in the S Planner, and attach a note, the note is there. But if I start in Note and create an event, it attaches, but doesn't stick. Annoying.

Actually, I think your question was answered on that other thread. Perhaps you just didn't register it.

You need to scroll down, in that little pop-up window to see the little s note icon. You can then tap on it to open.

This illustrates my point. You don't know that there's an s note associated with an event until you do what I've described above.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. That's curious.

Here's what I'm doing:

I go to s note and create a new note. Then I go to 'create an event', then I enter a title and then touch 'save'. I am then taken to the callendar, which opens in month view.

If I touch the new event, I get a popup showing the brief details including an icon of the note and its name. If I touch the event in the event list, I get a similar window that I have to scroll through to see the note icon. Similarly, if I am in week or day view, I have to scroll down in the popup window to see the note icon.

Is that not you're experience?

Perhaps I'll look into making a video to demonstrate my actions. Or maybe we just have different versions of tab?

Upvote 0
Below...

Hmmm. That's curious.

Here's what I'm doing:

I go to s note and create a new note. Then I go to 'create an event', then I enter a title and then touch 'save'. I am then taken to the callendar, which opens in month view. Oh - here's a difference, you go to the calendar; I am returned right into the note in S Note. Hmmm....

If I touch the new event, I get a popup showing the brief details including an icon of the note and its name. This is where mine fails - I get the pop up, but have no attached note. I have nothing below the reference to Privacy. If I touch the event in the event list, I get a similar window that I have to scroll through to see the note icon. Similarly, if I am in week or day view, I have to scroll down in the popup window to see the note icon.

Is that not you're experience?

Perhaps I'll look into making a video to demonstrate my actions. Or maybe we just have different versions of tab? I have a US version GT-N8013 running JB 4.1.2. Must just be a quirk of my Note.

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 back to factory settings, I take it that if saved planner isn't saved prior to factory settings the data will be lost.

Is there a way of saving all past data entries so that these can be transferred after restore to FS?

Or is Kies the only option, if so is it all documents that need saving via kies?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones