Where are the videos I recorded, and how do I get them on my PC?Support

Last Updated:

1. ihave5

ihave5 Member This Topic's Starter

I can not figure out how to transfer my videos from my SF to my PC via USB. I successfully transferred one video via dropbox, but it seems to be having trouble with the current one I keep trying to move, maybe due to it's larger size, and it seems like it should be obvious to just plug in the USB and transfer it.

The trouble I am having is that once my pc finds my SF and I "mount" it, and I have tried this via mass storage and via the media sync options, my pc will only let me view and transfer the files from the sd card, but apparently the videos I record with my phone are not stored on the sd card.

I need to know how to a) make the videos/pictures store on my sd card rather than the internal memory and b) transfer the videos/pics from my phone to my pc via USB. Usually I can figure this stuff out, but after searching all day, and reading tips, and going through the manual, and installing samsung's usb drivers, I have had it and need a nudge in the right direction. This phone makes me feel dumb, and honestly it came with no helpful directions on how to do this basic stuff....:mad:

TIA!

Advertisement
  2. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

First of all, cookie to you for posting at 12:34. And welcome to the forums!

Second, I do believe by default it saves both still pictures and videos to /sdCard/DCIM/Camera, for whatever reason. Apparently putting them in a folder named Videos was too logical for them.