• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where are the Water indicators

Okay, on the EVO 4G there were a few water indicators all over the phone and regardless of how much one tried to keep water out of it, it always turned color due to the humidity here in NYC. (Which is the excuse i gave when Sprint CS tried to say I dropped it in water)

So my question is this, where are the water indicators on the Photon. I can't seem to find any, and I know it has to have some, somewhere.

TS

Okay, on the EVO 4G there were a few water indicators all over the phone and regardless of how much one tried to keep water out of it, it always turned color due to the humidity here in NYC. (Which is the excuse i gave when Sprint CS tried to say I dropped it in water)

So my question is this, where are the water indicators on the Photon. I can't seem to find any, and I know it has to have some, somewhere.

TS

There is nearly always one on the battery someplace. I do not see one on the back shell in any photo I have pulled up though. Look inside all the charging/cord ports, sometimes they tuck them in there laying flat and hard to see.

I can show you where it is on the Atrix for reference though (Since the Photon is its long lost brother or weird distant cousin - come on you all know you have at least one weird cousin):
That bright white dot just below the Sim card slot:
3RGplb5HtkTHvtEO.huge

The small dot on the battery with red/pink stripes on a white circle:
AyQCEBDPfMfEt1BB.huge

That giant red dot on the back of the shell is the backside view of that small white dot:
NuuCipXmhMWwoMDh.huge

Image source iFixit.com

Upvote 0
Just watched the teardown of the the Photon and didn't see any water indicators that were obvious.

On the back shell under the kickstand there is a strange white disk with 4 metal tabs holding it, and near the MicroSD slot there are 2 smaller white circles, but they don't necessarily look like typical water indicators.

Unfortunately the teardown video was inconclusive to my eyes. Maybe someone else out there has better eagle eyes than me.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-photon-4g/398558-video-teardown-photon-4g.html

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones