where are those contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. david1806

david1806 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all
    When I plug my phone into my pc, looking at the folders on my phone, is there somewhere that has my contacts saved so I can simply copy that folder to my pc so if, god forbid, I lose my phone (again) I still have my contacts.
    Thx in advance
    David
    :)

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Depends, what did you use to back them up?

3. david1806

david1806 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't think I'm being clear. I haven't backed them up, that's what I want to do. When I look at the files on my pc screen of what's in my phone, are my contacts in amongst all those folders so I can then copy them to my pc. Make sense? Do you mean where are they saved on my phone? As in, simcard or on phone? Don't know, just save them as I go along.

4. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Then you need to use a program like Titanium Backup, or even use the backup feature on the phone, not sure they are saved how you're imagining.

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

You can export your contacts to SD from the phonebook app - Menu>More>Backup contacts. I just am struggling to find the file its saved too! I'll be back (best Arnie stylee) when I've found it.

Edit, OK so the only file that I can find that is changed today is /sdcard/system/PIM/PIM00001.vcf - that was using Linda file manager and sorting by date changed.