• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help where are those contacts?

Don't think I'm being clear. I haven't backed them up, that's what I want to do. When I look at the files on my pc screen of what's in my phone, are my contacts in amongst all those folders so I can then copy them to my pc. Make sense? Do you mean where are they saved on my phone? As in, simcard or on phone? Don't know, just save them as I go along.

Upvote 0
You can export your contacts to SD from the phonebook app - Menu>More>Backup contacts. I just am struggling to find the file its saved too! I'll be back (best Arnie stylee) when I've found it.

Edit, OK so the only file that I can find that is changed today is /sdcard/system/PIM/PIM00001.vcf - that was using Linda file manager and sorting by date changed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones