1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Where are Voice Recorder files?

1. cmonster

cmonster Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have searched these forums and can't find this answer. If I am missing it, please let me know and I apologize.

I am trying to get some files I recorded on my Eris using the stock Voice Recorder app that came with the phone. When I look at the list of Voice Recorder files on the phone, at the top of the list, it says a file path:
    /sdcard/.voicerecorder/voices

However, when I plug in the phone and mount the SD Card on my macbook running OSX 10.5, that path does not appear. Can anyone help please? I'd really like to get these files off the card.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member

/sdcard/.voicerecorder/voices

I use Windows and when I connect to the computer and mount USB, it shows up as
    .voicerecorder/voices
    It says filename: Fri Jan 29 2010 PM 02-12-22.amr

I'm not sure what format .amr is.

Maybe directories that start with a . are hidden on your computer?
    delauretisr likes this.
  3. cmonster

cmonster Well-Known Member

Turns out that was it. Thanks for the idea.

To make directories that start with a . visible, see:
    Viewing hidden files on a Mac - Mac Guides

worked like a charm.
  4. tarya

tarya New Member

Hi everyone, it appears I didn't save my recording properly ... which means I can't find it. Any way to recover it? Wasn't it saving during the recording? Thanks!
  5. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Recordings are saved in \sdcard\My Documents\My Recordings.
    wiggy5 likes this.
  6. Aaron21

Aaron21 Guest

7. linuxbox

linuxbox New Member

Samsung Vibrant - stock rom Android 2.1 (Eclair). The Voice Recorder placed the files in the Phone Flash (first drive) under /Sounds
  8. pnti

pnti New Member

F:\com.tokasiki.android.voicerecorder