• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where are Wallpapers Kept?

tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
Just downloaded a great wallpaper Widget called swichwallpaper. It works great but the stock one isnt bad either but how do I put my own wallpapers into the phones wallpapers NOT my pictures file. I used ASTRO file manager but I can not fide the folder that my G1 uses to store wallpaper. Does anyone know? I do Not have a Rooted Phone. Something tells me I will need that...

The pictures in the 'Wallpaper Gallery' are stored on the handset, the pictures in the 'Pictures' are the rest of the pictures found on your SD card. This being the case it would be a BAD idea to keep your wallpaper collection in the 'Wallpaper Gallery' as this would use up all the memory, something the G1 is in short supply of.

NB: Astro would only be looking at the SD card anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones