Where are you getting the Photon today?General

1. wburbage

wburbage Active Member

Where is everyone picking up the Photon today? Are there places like Radio Shack offering discounts?

Advertisement
  2. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

Sprint store in Forest Hills, Queens, NYC
    twospirits likes this.
  3. ScrapMaker

ScrapMaker Active Member

If I can cancel my online order, I'll probably head to Best Buy. Instant rebates are hot.
  4. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Well-Known Member

I went to radio Shack yesterday here in Boca raton FL, and he told me no store will have it today, he said maybe early this week. BestBuy mobile also told me the same thing, it seems only Sprint is releasing it today, so I plan on going there this morning.
  5. mgiven

mgiven Member

My best buy said they'll have it today. Pity about radio shack because they list it at $179.

Does the Sprint store still do the stupid rebate over instant credit? if so then I'll be off to best buy...checking with Radio shack first.
  6. mgiven

mgiven Member

Just called 4 radio shacks and they all said they'll have it Tuesday. Gave them a chance, but now it's best buy or Sprint store
  7. wburbage

wburbage Active Member

Good to know about radio shack. I was going to try there first since there's a small discount.

Does anyone know if sprint actually went back to mail-in rebates? If that's the case then best-buy it is.
  8. bxnym

bxnym Active Member

No, I bought mines from sprint yesterday and you will get the same instant savings as bestbuy...$199 is what you pay plus tax
  9. wburbage

wburbage Active Member

Cool, the Sprint store it is
  10. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

I'll be picking mine up at the local Sprint store where I just got my Evo 4G just 2 weeks ago. I'll be giving the Evo back so I only have to pay 100 dollars towards the Photon. Love that 30 days trial :D
  11. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

FYI - I just got back from Best Buy. They price matched Radio Shack and Walmart! $179.99 (of course, taxes still applied to full price of phone, but $20 savings is FTW anyway).

I was on the fence about buying a HTC Flyer, but because I got the price match and I had BB rewards certificates, I bit the bullet and bought that as well since I need it for work. They had a promotion on the HTC Scribe for free, plus I got 1000 bonus points with it!

Scored big time.
    TigerC10 likes this.
  12. TigerC10

TigerC10 Member

Same here, Best Buy rules. :D
  13. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Nice! At first, I didn't think they'd do it because the person I spoke with last night said they won't do it at launch...Just goes to show, it NEVER hurts to ask. Worst they can say is "no."
  14. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

I got mine at Best Buy yesterday. I only had my Evo for 5 months so unfortunately I had to pay full retail price. BUT I had Best Buy's Buy Back program & got $300 credit for my Evo. I still ended up paying $400 for it (OUCH!!) but I didn't have to sign a new contract & I got to upgrade my phone in 5 months instead of 2 years. Heck of a deal if you ask me! Trading in my Evo was the easiest thing ever. I took it to the customer service desk, told them what I wanted to do, they processed it basically like a return & handed me my gift card with a $300 credit on it. PIECE OF CAKE!!!! It is $60 to put the Buy Back program on my Photon but for me it's very much worth it. Had my Evo not turned into a p.o.s. after the Gingerbread update I would have kept it. But for me it's worth it to pay for a phone that works right, doesn't drop calls & doesn't lose data connection every 10 minutes.
  15. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

My house :) Mine was delivered Friday!