Where are you the contacts stored?Support

1. achuthakrishnan

achuthakrishnan New Member

Hi,

Recently I updated my HTC G2 OS to Android 2.2. I couldn't find the contacts in my contacts List. But I'm sure the contacts are stored somewhere in the phone. Is this a bug or something else?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. achuthakrishnan

achuthakrishnan New Member

I'm not able to find the contacts in my contact list. Can anyone hlep me please?
  3. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

They are either on your gmail account or on your sd card if you back them up before update to 2.2
  4. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

I have my contacts in gmail and nothing on my sim card or on my phone other than the ATT numbers. I think it's a good idea. :)
  5. SoftWyer

SoftWyer Well-Known Member

Contacts are Synced with your Gmail account, if you have one. They are also stored 'on the phone' and on the SIM.

When you first start you phone, Android reads all these and stores them in an SQLite3 database in internal memory. You can, I believe, read this and copy things from it using the 'adb' debugger, but I've not tried this.
  6. bardhi

bardhi New Member

what about the mesages in inbox, can I save them in PC with cable conection
  7. SoftWyer

I don't think there is a way to export GMail messages from the GMail client on the phone. I also do not think that the internal database that holds these messages is accessible (at least not on unrooted phones).

However, if your phone is connected to the internet and you have GMail syncing enabled, then all your messages, including drafts, are saved to GMail's cloud servers. You can then use an application that supports the IMAP interface to download and backup these messages. (Export Gmail messages to text or HTML files - Web Applications)

Cables are so pass
    bardhi likes this.
  8. bardhi

bardhi New Member

thanx
    I am using cables coz I cant have acces to internet and I will try factory reset but I need to save some important messages(sms messages) ....!?!?!?
  9. SoftWyer

gcobb and bardhi like this.