Where aree aps stored?Support

Last Updated:

1. Markhypnos

Markhypnos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ive installed a few apps latley and noticed some of them seem to leave crap behind when uninstallled. Im using astro to try and find the dir where they are installed so I can delete any folders left behind by removed apps.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

They don't really create folders like on a pc. The applications are in data\app but that just the apk. It would have some cache on internal memory but that would be gone to. The bits they do leave behind are folders on the SD card.

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Pity they haven't found or implemented a fool proof way of removing all of an app when it is uninstalled, annoying enough on a pc with all the space on there let alone on a phone.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It is ridiculous really. If apps had an uninstaller built in, it would at least bve able to remove the paths that the installer created.

Perhaps its a safety mechanism, in case the user finds the folder and deciddes to put something else in there.

5. Markhypnos

Markhypnos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, the space returns if I reboot the phone which is a pain but better than nothing :)

6. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

Try re-scanning the SD card with something like SDRescan. It might save you rebooting each time. It did with me and images/files.