Where can I buy a cover for BP7X Extended Battery?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. ms2sf

ms2sf Active Member

Received from Motorola BP7X Extended Battery. I thought it came with a cover and now Motorola says they are out of stock. Does anyone know where I can find a cover? Is it safe or okay to use the battery without a cover and just use a plastic back glove cover?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

problem with that is that if the battery shifts even a little, and stops making contact with the electrical contacts, your phone loses power in that millisecond that contact is lost.

You'll have to test it to see if will hold in place well enough for you to use or not. But I doubt it....
  3. ms2sf

ms2sf Active Member

Thanks you are right but so far I have been lucky all day today. The hard plastic body glove case seems to be keeping the battery in place. It worked for today, but it definately is not a long term solution. The actual battery cover also has a lead (?) plate for heat.
    I am still looking for a cover if anyone knows of one.
  4. johnlgalt

I have found extended batteries with covers online, so *someone* should be selling just the covers as well - have you tried eBay?
    ms2sf likes this.
  5. ms2sf

ms2sf Active Member

Thanks, they have it. Don't know why I did not try it before.
  6. johnlgalt

If you don't want your original battery, PM me.
  7. ms2sf

ms2sf Active Member

I am going to keep it as a backup
  8. johnlgalt

lol kewl. I swap out batteies, I had bought 2 from amazon so I could have a charged one with me as well as the one in the phone, and the third charging - but I accidentally washed one and no I have to keep my charger with me again....

lol, nm - I have that funky battery charger thingy coming anyway, why am I worried?