1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Where can I download free Android applications?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. h33tb0y

h33tb0y New Member This Topic's Starter

I want to know a website where I can download free paid android apps.

Advertisement
  2. Neverendingxsin

Neverendingxsin Active Member

Your not allowed to ask for those type of sites on these forums.

IMO if you see an app on the market that you really like then cough up a couple bucks to pay for it. wont kill ya to support whoever made the app

3. h33tb0y

h33tb0y New Member This Topic's Starter

o ok. can a mod plz delete this?

4. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

Frankly, I doubt if it's worth the effort. Apps invariably upgrade, and every paid app I own (which I paid for) always does some sort of visible "authorizing" check before the download starts. Then again, I work for a living and pay my own bills, so I have no problem paying for a job well done.

5. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Enh, I'm not opposed to paying for apps -- I just think the "return" policy is ridiculous. Most stores give you 30 days to return a product for a full refund. Some have longer periods. The Container Store will accept returns indefinitely.

But the app market only gives you 24 hours. That's lame. With every app I currently have on my phone(all free and legally free), it's taken a few days to a few weeks to decide if it's the app for me. I work for a living, too, but I don't have money to waste on apps because I couldn't figure it was a dud until the 25th hour. Nor do I have the time to put my life on hold for 24 hours to extensively test an app. This policy works in favor of the devs, not the buyers and certainly not the marketplace.

6. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Oh how I wish there was an Appulo for Android..

7. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Seriously?

8. NewYorkLaw

NewYorkLaw Well-Known Member

So, let me analogize.

I don't think reading a few reviews and then taking a 15 minute test-drive of an automobile is sufficient. After all, I cannot extensively test a car in all situations in just a short span of time. Therefore, it's ok to steal the car from the showroom, play with it for a few weeks and when i realize it's not for me, just dump it somewhere. Of course, if I like it, and if passes all my rigorous tests, I'll send the dealer some money.

Makes perfect sense.
    Pete

9. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Why should a developer, spend their time making an app, jus so someone can use it for a few days and then get their money back. The 24 hour return policy is more than enough time to see if you want to keep an app. If its not enough time for you, then don't download it untill you have time to use it.

If you go to a store and buy a video game, take it home and play it, you can't take it back. Once you have opened the package the game came in, most places won't let you return it. That's just the chance you have to take. With the Market, atleast your only out a dollar or two. With store bought software it could be a lot more money.

Downloading free "paid" apps is wrong. You are taking money away from someone who works for that money. Most of the developers aren't big corparations, they are people doing this to make money to support themselves and/or their families.

Don't be a theif and steal software from the deveolpers. You wouldn't like it if someone broke into your house and robbed you.

10. superlinkx

superlinkx Active Member

Most paid apps have free demos. If you really want to try an app honestly, a demo will be more than enough. I can't believe people would actually think stealing and then paying if you like it is ok.

11. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

If you're too cheap to pay a few bucks for an app, I don't know how you justify spending so much on a smartphone and data plan.

12. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.

13. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

I was going to agree with the OP until you posted this. You knocked me into reality with some common sense! Curses..... foiled again!! :p

14. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hello all,

AndroidForums does not allow anyone to promote illegal distribution or to solicit for the distribution of paid apps.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me

Thanks for everyone's cooperation in this matter & I am now closing this thread

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.