where can i download the 2.1 for my droid?

Last Updated:

1. jonnyb0116

jonnyb0116 New Member This Topic's Starter

Im having trouble finding the 2.1 so I can download to my droid if you can help that would be awesome

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

3. jonnyb0116

ok i downloaded it then put it on my sdcard. but when i recovery booted it it said failed to recover why is that

4. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

because you put it in the wrong spot on your card.

Because you didn't unzip it.

Those are two things I am assuming based on your extremely non-descript post.

Definitely do some more reading on how to do this stuff before trying again. You are on a fast path to an expensive brick.

5. jonnyb0116

ya i have been reading but almost every video is different. what spot should i put it in, and i did unzip it

6. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Make sure you take the inner folder out of the outer folder. (the 3 or 5 files themselves and the one folder they are in.)

That folder goes in the "Nandroid" folder on your card.

7. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

My first question would be to the OP is are you rooted? If not then you won't be able to install the 2.1 rom until Verizon or whoever releases it.

8. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Don't trust some of the videos you see. Go with rootyourdroid.info or the sticky up top. Videos don't get updated often enough.

9. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

I figured out your problem.

You reading your video...

:rolleyes:

Sorry bro.... you kinda set yourself up here. You really do need to back up and READ.

10. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Actually, this was bit confusing to me the first rom or 2 I updated. I use winrar. I choose "Extract to" and make a folder. I would assume (as with other downloads), that once extracted, in the folder I made, will reside another folder (the one everyone keeps talking about). This, however, is not the case. Every single rom I have extracted just throws the files into the folder I made, with no containing folder. I am now in the habit of extracting the roms, then I make a folder with the rom name (big long number deal) and drag them in. Kind of a pain, but just takes a few seconds...

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else ever gets confused by this...

11. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

It depends how the ROM dev zip's the archive. Most of them don't add in a folder, that way when you hit Extract to it will make a folder with the same name is the zip. But some have them in a folder already which means you need to remove it from that folder. It is pretty easy, you shouldn't need to make any new folder or name it.