• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where Can I find 2.1?

carmendiva

Android Expert
Feb 11, 2010
New Yor
I know there are a bunch of 2.1 threads but i've been sifting around and I haven't exactly found my answer of what I was looking for.....

1) Where can I get the link/download or whatever? That is as bugless as posisble?

2) Are there any written instructions? A video?

I've rooted my droid with the help of some guy from the droid portion of this side and it wasn't as hard as I thought

So could somebody help me out....THANKS!!!

oh
3) Is this rooting? What exactly is this method of getting 2.1 called

Here is the only link i found but I am not sure about it just from a few reviews i read on it

Eris 2.1 Tutorial: Updated 3/6/10 thekrtek.net

I just want to know were their other avenues to go about this and any better instructions(i am trying to do mine, my brothers and friends)
IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK with the eris fam :)

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL HELP AND PLEASE NO FLAMES :)

find a post by Jrz she has a link in her sig that will tell you everything you need and includes links for download ... it is what i used to get 2.1 and i have not experienced some of the problems others have

edit: here is a post just look at the sig and there is the link http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/50542-eris-2-1-leak-bugs-fixes-2.html#post404588

edit again ... sorry just read through your whole post (have to learn to start doing that ;))

1) that link helprd me do it and i have had only a few of the many problems and non of them major

2)there they are on that link ;)

i dont know of any other tutorials ... you could search youtube but i doubt you'll fin anything ... that link worked perfectly for me

3)it is not rooting we (eris owners) dont have root. it is just updating the firmware to the leaked 2.1 rom

Reactions: carmendiva
Upvote 0
lol i actually posted this on two seperate threads
but um i download the little folder thingie from the site
its on my sd card

did the power and volume thingie
got to part where the blue bar loads up

and now it's says DO you want to start update
Action yes

yet i can't touch anything or scroll

i took the battery out and did it again

idk what i did wrong

i hope i didn't brick...it be my luck that i'd be the first to do so

Upvote 0
its on my sd card

Action yes

idk what i did wrong

you are right on track ... whenever it gets to action i just pressed the trackball (an action ;)) and it worked so if i were you i would press the trackball but idk maybe other button work but the trackball does for sure....... just do everything the exact same way and then press trackball whenever you get to <action>

Upvote 0
its on my sd card

Action yes

idk what i did wrong

If the trackball does not work... try and hit the green call button or the red power button... (do not hold it):eek:

Upvote 0
I think i messed up on something :(

You do understand that this is not a release of 2.1, don't you?

It is a leaked, still in development version that is likely incomplete and or full of bugs (read the "bugs" thread, it has upwards of 600 posts now about problems with this leaked 2.1 http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/50542-eris-2-1-leak-bugs-fixes.html).

I'm hoping you'll read around some of the other threads as well, some are saying they have no problems, and then later they're coming back posting about problems.

The official "Over The Air" release of 2.1 is due in a few weeks. Maybe sooner.

Upvote 0
Well i already started so i might as well finish but i do realize this isn't the official OTA

it's the same as when I did 2.0.1 for my droid before the actual 2.0.1 had came out(a few days later)

my guess is the OTA will be out in a few days because it was only a few days after 2.0.1 leak that it came

and btw that green button, red button thing worked

Upvote 0
You do understand that this is not a release of 2.1, don't you?

It is a leaked, still in development version that is likely incomplete and or full of bugs (read the "bugs" thread, it has upwards of 600 posts now about problems with this leaked 2.1 http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/50542-eris-2-1-leak-bugs-fixes.html).

I'm hoping you'll read around some of the other threads as well, some are saying they have no problems, and then later they're coming back posting about problems.

The official "Over The Air" release of 2.1 is due in a few weeks. Maybe sooner.

And allot of those issue are third party programs not working or people not finding the new settings, always happens with a new os, people call them bugs when really they need to learn the software. I am running the 2.1 leak and I will say that I am having less issues with this build then with 1.5. So Completely happy customer here. Super fast even after I reloaded all my applications.

Upvote 0
And allot of those issue are third party programs not working or people not finding the new settings, always happens with a new os, people call them bugs when really they need to learn the software.

I noticed that about the apps. But some of the bugs that seem more serious to me have to do with the stock browser and the keyboard usage. Workarounds and fixes have appeared here for some of it, but the disconcerting part is that those bugs are part of an unfinished product.

The whole thing is not a huge, life-shattering deal; after all it is a cheap phone, plus even if the device is bricked by fooling around with this leaked update it probably would not take much creativity to have 1.5 re-installed and await the official release of 2.1.

I'm just of the "why bother with this" mind-set, knowing that the official release is right around the corner.

Upvote 0
I am pretty happy with it...Its slightly slower on a few things than it was before but I like it now

I would recommend others to wait though

Totally off-topic, but your avatar pic reminds me of older photos of Prince..

artist%20formerly%20known%20as%20prince.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones