Where can I get a stock FROYO VZW ROM?

Last Updated:

1. CyBuzz

CyBuzz Member This Topic's Starter

So long story short...and a lot of work later.

I rolled back to 2.01 sbf and got the update to 2.2 and it failed. I rolled back to ESE81 (2.1) sbf and got the update...and it failed. I ended up getting FRG22 off another forum and i am updated.

Now I want to find a FROYO SBF file so I can wipe and get a clean install of Froyo.

Do you think one will make it's way into the wild?

CyBuzz

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

3. CyBuzz

CyBuzz Member This Topic's Starter

I will give that a try.

Here is what I posted as my problems on another forum. I think my boot whatever (loader, area, section of the firmware) is broke or corrupt.

I ended up finding FGR22 and that worked, but the original 'Master' OTA did not.

Code (Text):
    1. ok, i have been having issues with the OTA update. i have resorted to flashing the ESE81 sbf file. I booted the phone (skipped all the google stuff and didnt sign in) and it started to download 2.2.
    3. I let it download, and let it update. The update fails and leaves the phone at the triangle with the yellow ! in it. I go into stock recovery from there and see this:
    5. Verifying current system...
    6. assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:a bunch of letters and numbers")
    7. E:Error in /cache/e48e48ff4252.signed-voles-FRG01B-from-ESE81.zip
    8. (Status 7)
    9. Installation Aborted
    11. ESE81 info:
    12. Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
    13. Baseband Version: C_01.3E.03P
    14. Kernel Version: 2.6.29-omap1-g7fa8788 android-build@apa26 #1
    15. Build Number: ESE81
    17. Also...I flashed the 2.01 and a couple other 2.1 sbf images. Same issues: failed to update to 2.2
    19. Also...After i reboot after the failure to update, it thinks it is current and does not notify me of the 2.2 update any longer.