1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Where can I get another charger for a reasonable price?Tips

1. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member

I have the Spigen NeoHybrid case, which makes most of my other cell phone chargers incompatible with my s4 (the rubber/plastic around the plug won't fit into the hole in the case). I'm looking to buy the same charger that came with the phone, since I know it fits. Unless I was looking at the wrong product on the Samsung web store, another charger will cost about $40. I've purchased other USB chargers like this in the past, and they were $10 or less. Is there another place to buy the exact same cable online? Has anyone found another cable that works well with the NeoHybrid?

Advertisement
  2. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

I'm in the same position. I bought several 6 ft. cables to be used as chargers a few months back from monoprice.com. They don't fit. I was able to shave off a bit of the plastic with a regular pocket knife and it fits. Still, if there's a cheap alternative, I'd check it out.
  3. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

You should be able to dig around the internet and, if necessary, query sellers as to the size of the micro USB end of their cables. There's so many off brand and no brand cables out there that you should be able to find one that fits. A brand new OEM charger and cable on the Samsung site will always cost "MSRP", but you can probably find it online cheaper also if you insist on that.
  4. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member

I ended up buying one for $15 off of Amazon. It was listed as an OEM charger for the S4, so I hope it's legit.
  5. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

I also bought a charger from Amazon listed as OEM Samsung 2A charger for $9.50. I'll check it when it arrives and see what the output is (via Galaxy Charging app).
    Amazon.com: Samsung OEM 2.0 Amp Travel Charger with Detachable Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2 II, Galaxy S3 S III, Galaxy S3 Mini & Other Smartphones (Bulk Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...S5hYm1hbnRpcy5nYWxheHljaGFyZ2luZ2N1cnJlbnQiXQ..

For reference, the stock charger shows up at 1900 on this app.
  6. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

The charger referenced above arrived yesterday. It appears identical in all respects including the marking to the OEM Samsung charger I got with the GS4. The only difference I can tell is that the Samsung lettering on the end of the charger is slightly lighter in color than the OEM charger.

I plugged the charger into the GS4 and used an app called Galaxy Charging Current to tell me the charge rate. It shows 1900... same as the OEM charger.