Where can i get another yellow pull tabSupport

Last Updated:

1. bucknuts4747

bucknuts4747 Active Member This Topic's Starter

yeah ok i pulled out the yellow battery pull tab when i first got the phone. where can i get another pull tab

Advertisement
  2. mas90guru

mas90guru Well-Known Member

Not sure on the tab - but I tell you the way they positioned and labelled it was totally stupid. It appeared you were supposed to take it out -- and then once out you find that battery removal is very difficult.

3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

use scotch tape and super glue. as of right now, i dont think there are just the pull tabs available.

4. bucknuts4747

bucknuts4747 Active Member This Topic's Starter

i mean i can get the battery out with a swiss army knife but i'm just saying i don't want any shit if i need to get a replacement phone

5. Devz

Devz Well-Known Member

Too late. Removing the pull tab voids the warranty. Sorry dude :(

6. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

EDiT: NOPE!

7. kenn

kenn Well-Known Member

Yay for numbnuts at wal-mart. Something triggered me to check and I discovered that when the "salesperson" at wal-mart sold me my Droid X, she pulled the yellow tab out of the phone BEFORE putting the battery in. She pulled the whole tab and the sheet with the serial number and barcodes. She stuck it inside the box...

I'm guessing total warranty void. I'm within 30 days so I'm going to pay a visit and try to get an exchange but I got the last one so perhaps I'll have to return it completely and wait in line for a replacement.

8. mwpeck

mwpeck Well-Known Member

When I see a tab labeled "Pull" in the battery compartment, I assume its to help remove the battery, especially when there is no battery in it. What logic would it be to put a pull tab to block contact between the phone and battery when the battery is not pre-installed anyway?

9. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

take the battery out one last time the hard way and then put a strip of duct tape along the back of the battery.

10. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

No I would walk right back in to that walmart and DEMAND a new phone.

11. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

12. kenn

kenn Well-Known Member

Ok, well, I just spent the last 30 minutes on the phone with a guy from Motorola and he said that removal of that label (with the tab attached) would indeed void the warranty.

I'm off to Wal-Mart to try to swap the phone for another... If they don't have it in stock, I'll have to simply return it and void the contract and start over with another number. Man, there are some dumb people in the world.