1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Where can I get the youtube app

Last Updated:

1. mersault

mersault Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I've got a Samsung galaxy spica which refuses to play youtube videos. I can browse videos through m.youtube.com, but the moment I click on a video my browser switches to a 'page not found'.

Someone on the spica forum suggested that I need to ensure I've got the youtube app installed - but I can't find it on the market, and for some reason I don't have it pre-installed on my phone!

Where/how can I get ahold of this app? (Or, failing that, what can I do to get youtube videos to play on my phone?)

Advertisement
  2. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

PM me.

3. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Here you go. Note: this is a Youtube.apk that, if I remember right, I ripped out of a CM5.08 release so it should be vanilla 2.1 stock Youtube, which ought to be compatible with the Spica. But it may not be. If I by mistake ripped a 2.2 Youtube.apk for you instead, well uhm.

Also, you may not be able to install it normally, so if it doesn't work download the file to your android-sdk/tools folder, open command prompt, plug your phone into your PC and type:

adb install YouTube.apk

If you're rooted, then type:

adb push YouTube.apk /system/app

I take no responsibility if you run into trouble, glitches, and force closes.

4. mersault

mersault Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply - pwnst*r got there first though :)

Youtube app is installed and working perfectly :D

5. MTorskyj

MTorskyj Member

how did u get this to work mersault? im having the same problems, tried the method above and it hasn't worked.

thanks in advance