Where can you get spare batteries for Hero?

Last Updated:

1. Lefthand

Lefthand Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Doesn't have to be HTC branded, as long as it's form a reputable source?

Advertisement
  2. JirafaBo

JirafaBo Member

3. Fake Name

Fake Name Well-Known Member

I wouldnt go for cheap Chinese batteries...I know a guy that bought them and I'm waiting for his reply, I want to know if his purchase was worth it.

So if you can wait, once the guy tells me, I will get back to you with that.

4. JirafaBo

JirafaBo Member

Yeah I heard ya. I followed (blindly) a few others that had already made the purchase. With the impressive battery life of the Hero, I doubt I'll even need them, but it'll be nice to have a backup in my glove box in the car if I ever do. Plus, for 16 bucks I got suckered in pretty easily. I too will post a review once I receive.

5. nuld2000

nuld2000 New Member

impressive battery life??? I must have a dud then coz may phone (7 days old) needs charging every night!!!! Yesterday i had to charge it twice!! Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i never turn on bluetooth or gps or wi-fi. It only connects to a mobile network!!
    Ho-hum, it is my first smartphone admitedly so maybe this is normal???

6. JirafaBo

JirafaBo Member

For a smartphone, if it lasts a whole day, it's impressive! I came from WinMo (HTC Mogul, then HTC Touch Pro) and neither would last the whole day, I had to charge midday, or keep an extra battery around.

I use the heck out of my Hero... gps many times a day as I travel from customer to customer, wifi/internet throughout the day, text like crazy, twitter, facebook, etc etc and can last about a day and a half or more if I make a few changes.

7. keefsloan

keefsloan New Member

I bought a Seidio extended battery (1750mAh) but, as I'm in the UK and it's for a US Hero, it didn't fit. Great price tho, even with delivery to the UK (and I received it within 3 days. Outstanding!). Luckly a colleague of mine has a Touch Pro 2 and it does fit that, so I've just offloaded it onto him.
    I've now found a Mugen extended battery (1550mAh) that I've just ordered. I did make sure that it fitted, and a Mugen rep got back to me and assured me that it was for the European Hero (and, looking at the >3000mAh batteries and new battery doors, I can clearly see the chin so I'm confident that it's all correct). Even with faily hard use (Roadsync connecting to exchange every 15 mins, market place downloads, calls, texts, general web browsing via wifi/gprs) I end the day at around 30-40% charge and then charge overnight. Over the weekend, with no exchange syncing, the phone lasts from saturday morning well into sunday night. I'm pretty impressed, but I always want more (and I come from a Nokia E71 which lasted 3 days no matter what I did, so the Hero has a bit of a way to go).