1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Where did my flash player go? Says I don't have it installed since system update.Support

1. SiobhanOLS

SiobhanOLS Member

How and where do I get it back?

Advertisement
  2. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

either go to play store> all apps, or if it isn't there google "flash 11.1 apk" , download, and install
  3. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

The native browser no longer supports Flash, even if you have it installed, neither does Chrome which is the most popular alternative browser for ICS devices. Consider switching to Dolphin, Maxthon (my personal favorite), FoxFire, Opera, Boat, or most other browsers, almost all except the native one and Chrome support Flash.
  4. dave1812

yeah, you need a flash enabled browser. i prefer dolphin 8.5.1. I keep that APK and FLash 11.1 APK on Dropbox so I can reinstall on new or reset phones.
  5. kickbutkuss

kickbutkuss Well-Known Member

I use the stock browser with flash installed with no problems at all!

Go to the Playstore and view your previously installed apps where you will find the Flash app. You then can download and use...
  6. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

If I install the older version of Dolphin browser how do I keep it from updating itself out of Flash compatibility?
    On my Nexus 7 I installed flash and the older version and set it to not update but it went right ahead and did it anyway.
  7. dave1812

what I did was play store>settings> turn off updating.
  8. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Well-Known Member

Flash works just fine on the ICS stock browser as well as on ICS Browser+. Heck, Flash even runs just fine on the JB stock browser. You can download the APK directly from Adobe. Be sure to get the latest version, which starts with 11.1 and ends with .20. In one of the Bionic threads, there is a link to the download site.
  9. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

When I go to the Google Play Store Adobe Flash Player is not there. How can get the apk?
  10. TexasBadger

It isn't in the play store. Go to the Adobe site as stated above. If you had it installed previously you will probably find it in your play store list of ALL apps (not installed apps). In other words it probably is already available and waiting for you.
    Paraflier likes this.
  11. TexasBadger

Here is a link to the version of the Flash APK that you want:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/11.1.115.20/install_flash_player_ics.apk
    yagcat, SiobhanOLS and sgtturner like this.
  12. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

Thanks! Got it and working great.

Now, can you help me fix my 1993 Lexus SC 400?
  13. TexasBadger

Nope, I don't like to get my hands dirty.
  14. SiobhanOLS

SiobhanOLS Member

15. yagcat

yagcat New Member

thanks so much. i was disappointed after the update that i couldn't play any of my video files but with this link i was able to. :)