Where did my music files go?Support

Last Updated:

1. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I plugged my Incredible into my computer the other day and added like 50 MP3s. Yesterday I downloaded three different file managers for the phone, and none of them show the files anywhere. I know they're on the SD card because I play them in the music player. I tried searches and going through every directory. What gives?

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

The stock music player will play them from sd card or built in storage. It sounds as if the music files are on the built in storage and not on the sd card. Double check to be sure. Some file managers might not be able to see the internal storage until they are updated, i know astro file manager can see the internal storage by going up one directory by pressing the folder icon with the up arrow in the upper left hand corner.

3. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

Make sure the phone sees the SD card by going into the sd card settings, if not just take the card and and put it back in. Happened to me a couple days ago

4. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wait, do these file managers not show the internal memory?

The phone definitely recognizes the SD card and I know the music is on either the SD card or the internal storage. I just don't see the files in the file managers regardless of where I look, which seems odd.