where did the ".com" on my keyboard go? 2.2 FRF91

Last Updated:

1. richua

richua Member This Topic's Starter

got FRF91 OTA this morning and now when i go to the stock web browser, i notice that the keyboard no longer has the ".com" shortcut.

is this happening for anyone else on 2.2, or did i maybe hit a wrong setting somewhere? i can't find anything in the keyboard settings.

edit: nexus one, stock.

Advertisement
  2. theshibby

theshibby Well-Known Member

i noticed i didnt have it on there lastnight

3. richua

are you on 2.2 FRF91?

i went straight from EPE54B to FRF91 OTA so i don't know in which update this first happened.

4. denshvalaunt

denshvalaunt Member

I've noticed that too. The browser keyboard has been replaced by the standard keyboard, and the ".com" key is now a "/" (forward slash). The change doesn't bother me, though; there is a workaround (at least I think this is what they did). When you start typing a web address, "www.androidforums." for example, the auto-suggest will give you the "com" part. All you need to do is select it.

5. richua

this seems to work better in landscape. e.g. in portrait I'll type in "purple" and get a few search suggestions, only when I flip do I get the "www.purple.com" suggestion. works well in either mode for common sites.

like you said, not a huge deal but it's nice to have (the ".com")

6. opticalshadow

opticalshadow Well-Known Member

yeah its rather annoying to me not havign the .com , as a rule of thumb i dont type www. since on my PC i use all the short cuts (ctrl+enter,shift+enter or ctrl+shift+enter) so im use to not needing to, and the .com button sped thigngs up alot. now that its missing i find myself not wanteing to even use the browser.

ive also noticed now the browser saves my last page even if i kill it, it auto restarts back to it hours later, and i dont liek that at all. but the flash is awesome.