Where did you get your Hero?

Last Updated:

1. Ssssschwartz

Ssssschwartz Member This Topic's Starter

I've decided I am going to get the Hero as my next phone. :D I am in the US, looking to buy a Hero, but what wondering, where exactly did you guys get yours?

I looked at Newegg.com and thought the price was a little steep for the Hero, or maybe it was just me. They are really the only online phone retailer I know of and have experience in. I was wondering if you guys from the US with the Hero could tell me where you got your phone? I am looking mostly for the best price and don't care if I would have to wait for slow shipping or something like that, as long as they are reliable.

I appreciate your time, you guys are a great community, haha! :D

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I found mine on ebay for $485 after a 5% coupon I'd been saving gor a long time. Basically, I checked ebay several times per day, organizing by newly listed to see the most recent items, then ending soonest to see if any were going cheap, then lowest price to see if any of the "Buy it Now" prices were lowered.

Currently, the selection of Heros is a bit scarce on ebay though, so the prices are fairly high. Also, be wary of prices that seem too low to be true and users with little or no feedback.

Newegg's prices are actually pretty decent, especially because they are very quick about sending the item off to you. If you live in one of the many states that Newegg doesnt charge sales tax for, I'd recommend you get it from them. Else you might scowering ebay for weeks before even purhcasing the phone, and waiting yet another week for delivery.

In short, finding a Hero for under $500 is a pretty rare occurance, but there's always the option of switching to Sprint. A two year agreement and $179 up front gets you a Hero.

3. Ssssschwartz

It's a shame. :/ I know the Newegg one is reasonable, it's just the sales tax that puts it over. :( Thanks for the help, I've been looking on eBay and the prices are a little better there, so I guess I might just be doing some price watching.

4. clockwork

clockwork Well-Known Member

well shortly after becoming ruler of britannia i was given it by the lady of the lake and told it had great power and that i would blind my enemies, she asked for a reasonable 300

5. Ssssschwartz

Sounds like a good deal. :D Indeed..... too bad there isn't a lady of the lake in the US.

6. quantumrand

If you have a friend or relative in a different state, you can have it shipped to them to avoid the sales tax, especially if you'll be seeing them in the near future so that you dont have to pay to have it shipped from them to you.

7. quantumrand

8. Musicrocks182

Musicrocks182 Member

9. mikebeecham

mikebeecham Well-Known Member

Got mine free on contract with Orange UK...great tariff as well!! About the only thing they got right in this one.

10. GoGoAndroid

GoGoAndroid New Member

Do you have to purchase from an "authorized retailer" to get the full warranty? Why do the "international versions" (like ones sold by Amazon.com) not have a warranty?

11. praveenzp

praveenzp Member

I got mine on the HTC launch Singapore road show, a pretty small game in the road show and every hour they were giving away the Heroes with the Hero :)
    But need to take up contract with Starhub for 2 years :-(

12. hoppy1986

hoppy1986 Well-Known Member

carphone warehouse on orange,

13. drwinston

drwinston Member

Phones4u on Orange.

14. Baggieboy

Baggieboy Member

I paid

15. hoppy1986

hoppy1986 Well-Known Member

16. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Guys, the OP is in the US so no matter how attractive the deal, anything UK-specific isn't much good to him. ;)

17. drwinston

drwinston Member

18. oboe cop

oboe cop New Member

I probably won't be gettign mine until December, which is fine as that's when I'm eligable for an upgrade from Sprint.

What concerns me though is that my local Sprint store has no idea when they are getting the Hero in. The manager has heard of the phone, but doesn't know when it will arrive. Has anyone else heard of this?

This will be my first smartphone and I'm really looking forward to it

19. Nemmy

Nemmy Active Member

I got mine unlocked from MediaMarkt in Cologne.
    Probably paid a bit more for it than online but I couldn't wait!!!!!

20. murrayalex

murrayalex Active Member

In the UK got mine unlocked from eXpansys for