Where did you purchase your Samsung Captive from?

Last Updated:

1. hcho3

hcho3 Member This Topic's Starter

Please tell me where you all got your captivate and how much you paid for it. I am trying to get it soon, but I am trying to pay as least as possible. Sorry if I sound cheap, but I have been waiting for a reason.

Advertisement
    pinbak likes this.
  2. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

Well I got mine from letstalk.com and will never buy from them again. They are crooks imo. I was forced to go to the 2gb plan by them and then when I went to return the phone the said they wouldn't accept it cause I switched out my data plan. I was only returning the phone to see if I would get a better gps there were no issues at all with the phone.

3. BoulderGeek

BoulderGeek Banned

Free ($.01) at Amazon Wireless. Free to new AT&T accounts.

However, I am still evaluating, and I don't think Android is as polished as iPhone OS 4 is. Plus, the GPS failure makes Navigation worthless, which is something I liked a lot fromt eh EVO (which I also took back, as it was a brick with terrible battery life).

though I love the hardware potential, and how froYo 2.2 runs on these phones, their poor phone calling and lack of basic features (and acceptible battery life) make me appreciate my old Nokia 5800 a lot more.

But, that's a digression.

Amazon Wireless is the cheapest place to get a Captivate (for a new account) as of this writing.

4. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

AT&T. Premier. 372.99 + tax. No contract.

5. DannyB

DannyB Well-Known Member

I assume you mean Samsung Captivate, but Captive is more like it when you have a five line family plan with lots of goodies.

I got mine early August, at AT&T store, for . . .

$108.

No rebates, gift card, etc. Just $108 due, and walk out of store with Captivate and 2 year contract renewal.

(That's probably because I had been working with the same sales dude for a few weeks, expressing frustration at AT&T's bumbling clown circus act with Android, and possibly on the verge of starting a multi year process of taking my five line plan with unlimited text, data, etc, . . . elsewhere. And that after being on Cingular turned AT&T for over nine years.)

6. Culverin

Culverin Active Member

What is this ATT premiere you speak of?
    I too would like to purchase at that price!

7. BoulderGeek

BoulderGeek Banned

Hypothetically, of course. I would not advocate violating any contracts.

However:

You could just get one from Amazon, create a new account, break it and pay $325 early termination. I got free activation, as well, so I am out absolutely nothing.

Unlock the phone, and use it on any GSM network. Although, apparently the Captivate doesn't do quad band, therefore the T-Mobile HSUPA+ or whatever it is called won't work.

I think AT&T sucks when it comes to contract-free phones and service. TMobile at least gives $20 off the plan when you bring your own unsubsidized hardware.

8. Divinedark

Divinedark Well-Known Member

Picked mine up at Best Buy. $108 out the door with a 2 year contract renewal. I actually enjoyed working with their mobile people and I got some rewardzone points out of the deal.

9. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

10. Pheno.menon

Pheno.menon Well-Known Member

Letstalk.com

Would not buy from them again (lots of customer service hassle/order problems), but for what it's worth, the price was good.

11. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

i didnt have much of a choice, i was recently in a new two year contract, so i bought mine from best buy, 500 bucks after price matching att.

12. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Well-Known Member

WHAT? Dude, opinions are formed from a hands on. You cannot even compare your nokia to any phone in the galaxy line. Android lacks nothing compared to an Iphone, my wife has one, Your phone is a touch screen paper weight compared to blackberry curve. You should get a Iphone, and follow the legions of servants that kneel to corporate giants like Apple and Microsoft.

13. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

Premier is via corporate account. Basically, if your business is buddies with AT&T, employees get a discount.

14. Frenzy2223

Frenzy2223 Well-Known Member

I have Premier account, because my employer has a deal with AT&T. I receive monthly discounts on my bill and discounts on hardware.

15. Regalicious

Regalicious Well-Known Member

I didn't kidnap it myself but this guy in a van had a few he had tranquilized so I took one off his hands

16. wjkrysak

wjkrysak Active Member

I had planned to wait for the Facinate, but could not hold off. I purchase mine on 08/08/10 from Walmart. $149, 2 year contract, no activation fee. I have seen better prices mentioned in the forums, since then. Good luck with deals. cheaha bill

17. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

At & t
    and i price matched with radio shack flyer

so i paid 149 :p

18. Culverin

Culverin Active Member

Do any big box electronics stores have it cheaper than the $550 MSRP? I'm in Canada and planning to make a trip down to oregon so I'll be tax free as well. Just trying to math it out whether it's worth grabbing down in the states, or just pick it up locally @ $500 canadian + 12% sales tax.

19. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

AT&T store, the day they were released. Removed my BlackBerry from existing line with unlimited data plan, replaced with Captivate. Not eligible for upgrade but after some negotiation paid $99 +tx.

20. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Well-Known Member

ordered online from AT&T for $199.99 plus tax a few hours after they put it on their site

21. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

I went to an AT&T store in the mall and paid full price. I am not eligible for an upgrade yet, but the salesman said he would "work" with me. In a new contract comprable to what I have now, my plan would have been $20.00 more a month than I currently paying. The increase in monthly payment would be nearly the cost of the phone ($500) of the life of the contract. I chose not to upgrade.

22. TnTahoe

TnTahoe Member

Got mine from letstalk.com for $75 had no problems at all, they handle all of walmart's online orders

23. LeRolls

LeRolls Active Member

August 8th at Best Buy for $89. Pricematched Walmart. Was so happy with the phone that I came back a few days later and got the protection plan for the piece of mind.

24. TXBamanut

TXBamanut Active Member

wirefly.com - 49.99 - as a first timer with AT&T (upgrade is $99, was $89, and replacement is the ungodly $559, so don't lose it.) I purchased insurance for mine...seemed worth it.

Still available with free activation

Here's the link: Welcome to our Wireless World

25. techmik67

techmik67 Member

I bought mine at the At&t store the 1st day after they came out that my upgrade was available. $199. I chose the $25 plan for 2gb data.

The big difference here: INSURANCE!!!!!

-$4.99/month
    they dont mention that there is a deductable on the device, varying by device. I hear it's $125 on the captivate. So if you drop it in the pool. 125 to get it replaced if you pay the 5/month for insurance..... but...... UNLIMITED IS WHAT I HEARD!!! Drop it 1nce a week, keep paying $125 and get new phones.

all other plans are ONE replacement only I heard. I'm sticking with At&t. I'm clumsy....