Where do Downloads go?

1. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member

I download a video off of Myxer. It didn't have any sound so I want to delete it. I can't find it ANYWHERE in the files folder of the memory card. And I don't know how to switch it over so I can look in the phone's memory. So my question is where are things I downloaded stored on the phone or memory card? I looked everywhere and can't find it!

Advertisement
    :
  2. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

download linda file manager from the android market, it will help you find whatever it is you are looking for.
  3. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member

I tried downloading it but it won't download keeps saying starting download but it won't go.
  4. rleal2010

then connect to wifi and try again.

if not then restart your phone
  5. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member

Ok I had to restart the phone. Now I have the program downloaded and installed. How do I use this program to find the video I downloaded? I've looked threw all the folders but still can't find the video I downloaded. I don't know where it went but it's not in the downloads folder. Any other way to search my phone?
  6. dredayholiday

dredayholiday Member

I might be mistaken but doesn't the google search feature search the entire phone?
  7. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member

I think it only searches google
  8. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member

Still can't find it. If anyone else can help...please post.
  9. rleal2010

i think the folder you seek might be hidden, or it might be stored in the applications own folder.
  10. rleal2010

this is what i want you to do,

go to find Myxer in the market,

go to its website, read and ask questions.

If not, then search Myxer on these forums (type in Myxer into the search box)

If that doesnt help, then I am going to download Myxer myself and play with it.
  11. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Did you download it from the browser? If so press menu then scroll it down and there should be a choice called downloads click it and it should be there.

Also if you are on stock behold 2 try and click the cube button then go to videos and see if its there.
  12. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member

Yes I downloaded it from the browser...If I delete it from 'downloads' will it delete it completely from the phone?
  13. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

All downloads from browser go into the "Download" folder on the root of your SD card. You can use Astro file manager to open it up.
  14. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member

the music videos I download off myxer aren't showing up in the download folder of the SD card. I did however delete the files from the download list of the browser...does this also delete them from the phone? Or do I need to take extra steps to completely remove them?
  15. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member

Can anyone please answer my last post?

I downloades another video just to test Astro 'search' feature and it couldn't' find it. Not on the actual phone or the SD Card.

So my question is like above. If I delete the video from the downloads folder of the web browser does it completely delete it from my phone or do I have to do other steps as well to make sure it's earsed.

Also on the cube if I go to videos it says empty even though I know I have a video on my phone. I just don't know where it's at, and the only way I can access the video is by going into the web browser and clicking it from the download list.

I even with to the myxer website and sent them an email...didn't see any forums over there to post my topic...haven't heard back from them since I sent my email over a week ago...don't think I'm going to hear back from them either.
  16. rleal2010

oh lol, yes! if you delete it from your downloads then it deletes it from your download folder.

think of how much wasted space there would be if it didn't
  17. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member

ok I deleted the video from the downloads list of the browser and downloaded another video...This new video shows in the downloads list but still isn't found anywhere on the phone so I have no idea where Myxer mobile videos are stored.